turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MARK prudhomme

Started by gobblers roost, February 22, 2021, 04:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Prudhomme

Warrent423 I am not good at navigating these forums. I understand what you mean.  I understand that everyone can not start off  at a level that takes years of practice to master. I hope people understand that it takes dedication to learn to get the most from any call but especially a trumpet. There Are lots of good calls out there. Wild turkeys are clear and sometimes they are raspy sometimes higher pitch some times deeper. It is difficult to build a call that has that wide range of capability. I always try to tell people you dont have to be the best caller out there or call a certain way to enjoy success in the woods. I tried to explain that on the Pinhoti video. There are some great trumpet callers out there the one you are referring to is a fantastic caller and a friend. Thanks for your reply

Terry

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 24, 2021, 03:09:33 PM
Quote from: Mark Prudhomme on February 24, 2021, 02:30:37 PM
It's all good I made my first wingbone in 1984. I just enjoy sharing my passion of calls and calling especially trumpets and tube calls.  Wish I could make more but enjoy doing it part time.
I'd love to own one, but more than anything else I sure as hell love to hear you play one! By the way, that lignum someone on the forum posted a month or so back that you made for them, that sure was a gorgeous piece of wood and some fine, fine finishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is even better in person, wish I could take better pics

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Terry on February 24, 2021, 08:07:26 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on February 24, 2021, 03:09:33 PM
Quote from: Mark Prudhomme on February 24, 2021, 02:30:37 PM
It's all good I made my first wingbone in 1984. I just enjoy sharing my passion of calls and calling especially trumpets and tube calls.  Wish I could make more but enjoy doing it part time.
I'd love to own one, but more than anything else I sure as hell love to hear you play one! By the way, that lignum someone on the forum posted a month or so back that you made for them, that sure was a gorgeous piece of wood and some fine, fine finishing.

It is even better in person, wish I could take better pics

I've got some sheer stunners in the collection and don't get jealous of much, but I'm jealous of that one. Very.

Spitten and drummen

I been on his list over 2 years and patiently waiting on my turn. Keep turning those trumpets Mark.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Mathews.1

I respect you even more now. Appreciate you posting and giving advice about practice practice practice.

Greg Massey

Hey Mark, can i break line and get one of your trumpets in the next couple of weeks, I'm old and don't know if i can wait 2 years or better for one?

EZ

Quote from: davisd9 on February 24, 2021, 01:57:29 PM
17x grand champion speaks for itself.

True that!!!! And one of the nicest, most humble fellows you'd ever meet!!!

Clovis67

The Trumpet is a tuff one to master.... no other caller operates on suction and that in itself makes the trumpet a bit difficult to become proficient.I think the appeal of this caller is somewhat nostalgic and old school turkey hunting paraphernalia.I have been on Rev.Farmers call list for over 10 yrs.... Rev.Farmer told me the day he placed my name on his list..." Good Lord willing... I will make you a caller...but you see.. I am not in the business of making turkey calls...I am a Servant of the Lord.
So 10 yrs has passed... and I am just happy as can be... just to be on "the list" and am good with never actually getting a call.

wchadw

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 24, 2021, 08:41:03 PM
I been on his list over 2 years and patiently waiting on my turn. Keep turning those trumpets Mark.
I'm close to 3

ar21angler

Mark do you practice falconry?

GobbleGitr

Mark your appeal to me as a person, turkey hunter and callmaker is because of who you ARE...a humble guy that loves and respects the history of turkey hunting/calls/people, and whose passion drove you to a level of success that is unprecedented.  I am so excited for the Davis yelper I am in line for...my expectation isn't that I'll call as good as you, but I'll respect the heck out that call and be proud to carry one made by ya.

Mark Prudhomme

Ar21Angler I do not practice falconry. If you are referring to my Facebook profile pic, I had a friend working at a Raptor center and they let me go and spend some time with the owls. It was when I was competing in the world and Grand National owl hooting contests. I learned a lot of the subtle sounds and tones from spending time with them. I was also designing an owl call for Knight and Hale at the same time.