OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg Youth model red dot mounting and choke help  (Read 1267 times)

Offline dimecovers3

Mossberg Youth model red dot mounting and choke help
« on: February 28, 2021, 12:23:50 PM »
I picked up a youth model that has four screws on top of the receiver already factory drilled.  I want a mount to attached A Fast Fire  I have a Speed bead on an 870 that I'm wanting to take off the sight and use. What are my options? Also I want a fairly open choke Is the Full factory choke a good option for TSS 7 & 9's  ?  Not interested in shooting 60 yards just don't want to miss at 20!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:49:18 PM by dimecovers3 »

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Mossberg Youth model red dot mounting and choke help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 05:11:40 PM »
We have a mount that will bolt to the factory drilled holes.   I would also set it up with a 562
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Turkeyfever

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:47:48 PM »
The factory full may work just fine , it certainly want hurt to see how it shoots. If you don't like it take a look at the Carlson 575 extended turkey tube. I use it in 4 different Turkey guns and one of them is my son's Mossberg Maverick youth model. The choke is not expensive and shoots a great hunting pattern with TSS.

Offline dimecovers3

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »
The factory full may work just fine , it certainly want hurt to see how it shoots. If you don't like it take a look at the Carlson 575 extended turkey tube. I use it in 4 different Turkey guns and one of them is my son's Mossberg Maverick youth model. The choke is not expensive and shoots a great hunting pattern with TSS.

For some reason this gun came with IC, Mod and X-full  Any guess what the factory flush mount XX-full constriction is?

Offline Turkeyfever

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 10:29:28 PM »
 I don't know the constriction on the x full choke tube. You might could call Mossberg and ask them that question. My son's gun came with a modified only and he killed his first gobbler with the modified tube  and the Federal HVW #7. I wanted a really open/forgiving pattern for him as he was 7 and I wasn't going to let him shoot over 30 yards. The bird dropped like a rock with the modified tube. I believe people worry too much with counting numbers in a 10 inch circle that's great but for me I want a good hunting pattern that is a little more open.i would definitely try that Xfull choke and see what happens. If you don't like it ,my next move would be the Carlson's.