OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Your very favorite turkey call of all time ...  (Read 19288 times)

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Your very favorite turkey call of all time ...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 06:04:13 PM »
Easy one to answer LYNCH BOX CALL

Offline jshark14

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 07:30:38 PM »
Persimmon Hill anodized aluminum in walnut pot. It’ll flat call birds. Not sure what they love about it, but it doesn’t matter really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vt35mag

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »
Primos Heartbreaker box call I have had for almost 25yrs.  Have been in the custom call game for only 4 or 5 years, so all the gobblers I called in prior to were with that box.

Offline captfire

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2021, 07:40:52 PM »
lynch's box call I got it about 30 years ago it still sounds great it was my first call I got I use some every season not as mush scents I started use mouth calls I like them better it keeps my hands free and on my gun ...

Offline Spring Creek Calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Spring Creek Turkey Calls
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2021, 11:49:49 PM »
Bloodwood and black limba short box. This call won first place at the Mountain State Call Competition and I bought it back thru the auction. Multiple birds in multiple states have fallen because of it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Offline tlh2865

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »
This is my kind of post! I won't post pictures or tell the call or maker because he didn't want it out there. To my knowledge the call maker built this one that I happened to get a hold of and a brother for himself because he liked it so much.

Now aside from that one it would be my 1992 Cody World Class Slate. She has a permanent place in my first pot call pocket.

No pictures of the Cody as it is 2.5 hours away at the moment but I love seeing everyone else's!

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 07:37:00 PM »
Post up a description of it , and picture if you have it ...

Tell us its strong points too

This should be interesting --Shannon
Matt Fulkerson Hen Box, I just retired after 23 years has a U.S Army Special Forces (Green Beret) NCO. Matt made me this box with the Special Forces emblem on it. Great guy to talk to and great callmaker. Almost nervous to take it to the woods this year but it sounds to good not to. Let me say I may never call in a turkey with this call (that won't happen) it  is the meaning behind it for me. 

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks for your service

Online Gmed

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 08:40:16 PM »
I have an original Knight & Hale Ol’ Yeller slatek with the green plastic pot. Took several with that call. Saw one on eBay go for over $100.00 just recently. If a man knew what to buy 20+ years ago, he could be rich. Think I gave less than $20.00 for it new. You would think someone would bring them back as much of demand as they must have?????

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 09:01:58 AM »
It’s a Charlie Trotter trumpet that I refuse to take a picture of because I don’t want to ever see another one like it That said, it’s full of turkey and all weather and will be buried with me when I croak.

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »
My all time favorite would be my SCotts Cutter made by the late Jack Scott. It was my first custom call that I ever purchased. I played a ton of them at Jacks booth that day back in 2010, and he was very patient with me before and helpful with me before I finally decided on this box  It’s made from wormy chestnut, that he got off of a 100 plus year old cabin in North Carolina.  I treasure this call because Jack was not only a terrific call maker ,  he also worked for the DNR and was very involved in capturing and restocking of wild  turkeys throughout GA back in the day. Jack is no longer with us and I am glad I had the privilege of meeting him and owning one of his boxes. It’s my absolute favorite and I will never part with it.

Offline tubecallhooks

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 08:13:55 PM »
Tube call made by a friend in N Georgia that has been the demise of a buncha gobblers

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:07 AM »
Lynch's world champion box, (rubber bands missing) for many years, DH Crystal Mistress slowly catching up...

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 10:31:43 AM »
I have a couple Irvin Whitt prototype field grade box, Billy Buice single end dial tone.

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »
Got the lynch box back 1981 for my birthday   Me and my dad called up and killed lots turkey with that box call  fall and spring back 90s sometime shoot one jumped up broke the top rail call lol  still used it after that sill sounded ok.   I used a 870 20ga with full choke hunt turkey not because it was the thing !! that’s all I had at the time lol  my just have take that call and find some number 4 high brass go kill one

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Online perrytrails

• Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 04:37:50 AM »
Don’t hunt these anymore but I should. Lynch 101 and Ben Lee gobble box. My dad bought them both for me.

Ben had a Turkey seminar locally in the 80’s. I remember him gobbling on that box to this day.
He signed it for me.