OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: here is a lil' scratch box...pappy  (Read 6335 times)

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • 2014 Midwest Best of Class Air operated tube calls
here is a lil' scratch box...pappy
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »

Snakewood and Lignum Vitae with Arizona Desert Ironwood striker. It sounds super turkey, it is on the bay...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Offline WyoHunter

• Double Beard
  • NRA Life Member
Re: here is a lil' scratch box...pappy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Classy scratch box!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Offline S.C.C

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »
 :lol:      :anim_25: :jesus-cross:

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
Guess I had best tell everyone that this lil' scratcher is gone.....but you can still tell me how bad it looks..... :z-guntootsmiley:
tel...573-380-8206

Offline S.C.C

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:00:20 PM »
Yeah its gone!! :lol:

Offline kenturkey89

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
That may be the prettiest scratch box I've seen.  I loved the snakewood striker you made but this takes the cake!!
Brian

Offline cannonball

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:13 PM »
That's nice pappy, someone is getting a beautiful call! :z-winnersmiley:

Offline DeWayne Knight

• OhioWaterfowler
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »
Nice looking call.  How does one play a scratch box like that?

Offline pappy

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »
Scratch boxes are an up and coming call everyone is itching to get in their vests. You play it simple by laying the striker against the edge of the soundboard and lightly drag the box while applying a little bit of pressure with the striker. Some move the striker and leave the box still ... it is all how you want to play it. These boxes make super great yelps and cutts and if you're good they'll play a little Dixie for ya when you  bring down that ol' tom.... :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:
tel...573-380-8206

Offline S.C.C

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
QUOTE from pappy...The Scratch Box Turkey Call is becoming a new gotta have call and is favored by manyhunters as it is so easy to use and to carry with them. This is one of my ORIGINAL ROUNDED scratch boxes, I started making these a while back because all the others I saw were squared off and looked to be combersome so I thought about rounding the sides off for easy access and to hold more comfortably. Whether or not I was the first to do this I do not know, but I have been making these for three years.

Pappy,I would like you to make me one of your "Two Piece" Trumpets like you made for your friend in Ohio as well and I will put it in the "my" LOOK ALIKE call collection with this one to show buyers!!Thanks,Let me know when you have it finished!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:19:18 AM by S.C.C »

Offline letinmfly

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
QUOTE from pappy...The Scratch Box Turkey Call is becoming a new gotta have call and is favored by manyhunters as it is so easy to use and to carry with them. This is one of my ORIGINAL ROUNDED scratch boxes, I started making these a while back because all the others I saw were squared off and looked to be combersome so I thought about rounding the sides off for easy access and to hold more comfortably. Whether or not I was the first to do this I do not know, but I have been making these for three years.

Pappy,I would like you to make me one of your "Two Piece" Trumpets like you made for your friend in Ohio as well and I will put it in the "my" copied call collection with this one to show buyers!!Thanks,Let me know when you have it finished!!!

Smokey,

You did the same chit on Osage and now here.  You are NOT the innovator of rounded edges so give it a rest.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Offline S.C.C

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
modified my post to look alike instead of copy!!I purchased this caller from pappy and want another is all!! ;D

bird

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
OK guys I'm going to step in here for a second.

First off.... Sweet Looking Scratch Box Jack and Smokey, I really liked the scratch box you had posted earlier too.  Both of you men are very talented call makers and I consider both of you friends.  

Now, Nobody has a patent on any scratch box design that we know of here on OG.  And I am going to re-emphasis Shannon's feelings about call maker designs and works.  We are not the call design police here on OG.

If some kind of drama was taking place on another website, then leave it on that site.  If it was made or created somewhere else then leave it there. We Don't Want It Here!

I highly suggest that if there is any issues between members here on OG then they would be advised to handle it privately either by email, pm or a phone call.  Please do not "publicly" hash out any differences here on OG.  Simply put, We don't want to hear it.

Now lets move on to bigger and better things as it will be a very long year if cabin fever is beginning already.

Thank You

Al aka bird

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:13:32 PM by bird »

Offline letinmfly

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
modified my post to look alike instead of copy!!I purchased this caller from pappy and want another is all!! ;D

That's funny Smokey!  Do you also show buyers your personal/handmade "LOOK ALIKE" Hen boxes, Turpins and cane yelpers?  ;D

Bird,

This wasn't started on another site.  This is an issue that Smokey has with Pappy's design on this site.  Seems that Smokey "owns" the patents to quite a few innovations.  Or, at least he thinks so......
I'm just enquiring!!!  Smokey opened the door and I'm questioning his statements.  After all it is an open forum.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

bird

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
After all it is an open forum.

No this is a "private" forum and OG himself does not want any drama at all on the site, period.  

And when a moderator says drop it, well that means drop it and move on.  Its no longer up for discussion.

Like I advised earlier.... Handle "all" differences "privately".

bird
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:17:26 PM by bird »