turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Back up legal loads?

Started by Dtrkyman, February 25, 2021, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyTurk

The Hevi shot 7s and Federal Mag Shok heavyweight 7s are good choices as backup loads, IF you can find them.  I have heard good things about 3rd Degree 5-6-7, with the 7s being TSS, but I haven't personally shot those.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: turkeykiller41 on March 08, 2021, 08:30:34 PM
Sometimes stupid laws are made to be broken.
And sometimes stupid people breaking those laws, as stupid as they may be need to get pinched and find out just what its like to pay for their mistakes. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Gmed

Let's say it's a matter of integrity - doing the right thing, for the right reasons, even when no one is looking. Kind of like checking in your deer or turkey. I retired from law enforcement last June after 31+ years of service. Been in fights, car chases, shot once and was involved in a lot of the other exciting stuff you see on TV cop shows. What you don't usually see on TV, and what is going here is the disdain that honest, trustworthy, law enforcement (or in this case ethical hunters) feel for unethical, dishonest people (bad cops or illegal or irresponsible hunters) who look the same as they do, but give the entire group a black eye....or maybe I just missed the whole point....

This forum has been a wealth of information for me since I joined, so I am sure some of the guys or gals have been in your very situation. You just gotta pick which load you wanna try. With the ammo like it is, best of luck finding shells to try....

Dtrkyman

I prefer to be legal at all times, particularly when hunting other states.  Do not need to think about it.

I have only been checked turkey hunting a couple times and nobody checked my shells, however this was prior to TSS so I am guessing a warden is smart enough to know about it, he may or may not care.

Suppose you accidently break a law while hunting, of course they are going to check all your chit then and do not need them finding any other issues!

The Hevi shot 7s shot fairly well so if I can locate a box I will grab em just to have!