turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

apex ninja shells rattling?

Started by mbarnes1225, February 25, 2021, 10:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbarnes1225

Just received my 410 apex turkey ninja shells and notice that all of them have a significant rattle (I can feel the shot moving from one end to the other when I tilt the shell back and forth).  I am new to hunting with a 410 and wanted to make sure this is normal before firing the the shells. Thanks for any info

davisd9

I do not know if normal, but the ones I bought this year for my son does the same.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Upfold99

Me as well. Slight rattle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

shatcher

mbarnes1225

just got off the phone with apex and they told me they do not use buffer in 410 loads so rattle is perfectly normal.

PharmHunter

It's perfectly normal.  It is definitely more pronounced with all the .410 loads/recipes over other gauges for whatever reason, even with buffer.

joey46

Yes - no buffer - they work just fine.

Deast1988

Shot Mitigation, perfectly normal in apex TSS shells I think.

The Federal, Browning, Foxtrot loads, Didn't rattle. I was told they aren't supposed to rattle.  But I haven't seen an apex tss in any gauge not rattle. So who knows. Rattling can move powder, and cause inconsistent ignition whether it being too hot or too light. But maybe someone with knowledge on loading solid safe shells can reply. I know Apex has had recalls, with stuff splitting barrels, chambers being trashed, cutting corners making dynamite.