OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Grilled backstrap wraps  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Basin_hunter

Grilled backstrap wraps
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
I'm sure this one has been posted at some point of time but it is one of my favorites.

Cut backstrap into chunks, i cut mine pretty thin. Season well with cajun seasoning and marinade over night if possible in Italian dressing.

Cut fresh jalapeno peppers in halfs and remove seeds. Also cut up chunks of pepper jack cheese.

Stuff pepper halfs with pepper jack cheese and wrap backstrap strips around the pepper.

next wrap the backstrap with a slice of bacon and use toothpicks to hold wrap together, usually takes 2 tooth picks.

I use a BBQ pit to grill them, place on pit when coals are white and when grill is very hot, same as when grilling a ribeye.

Grill until bacon is cooked and cheese starts to melt and flip sides as needed. The meat should have a little pink left inside. Usually only takes about 10 minutes to cook.

duck or goose breast may be substituted for venison or elk back strap.

enjoy

In fall we rut, in spring we strut

Offline HeavyMetal

Re: Grilled backstrap wraps
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
try it with cream cheese it is out of this world
i like to grind my peppers and mix them with the cream cheese and spread on thick

Offline Basin_hunter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
I have tried this recipe with cream cheese as well. It is very good. I have also used sliced jalapenos in the jar and I find the fresh Jalapenos give a very good flavor, its pretty spicy though. LOL
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
You are dead on slice, with that marinade cooked in above fashion with cream cheese any meat is good. I cook ducks and geese that way a lot.