OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Lonnie Sneed still going strong  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Lonnie Sneed still going strong
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 07:25:05 AM »
Thanks team, just a nice guy, and Jason was very helpful. Turnaround was a couple of weeks which in this era is pretty good. I love the swirly grain on the pot, glass fit perfect, holes drilled super clean, and a perfect finish on the pot. The alligator cover is so unique.  Best of all, all turkey on the sweet spot....good luck to all....
“Solo hunter”

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »
Nice ,,, he makes great call ,,, Good call to hang onto  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 08:52:02 AM »
Nice ,,, he makes great call ,,, Good call to hang onto  :icon_thumright:

Thanks Mike...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Harty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 08:55:58 AM »
A piece of history there for sure. Don’t have any of mr. Sneeds calls. I think it’s time for me to give him a call based on recent consensus

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 09:06:56 AM »
A piece of history there for sure. Don’t have any of mr. Sneeds calls. I think it’s time for me to give him a call based on recent consensus

You will love talking with him...good luck
“Solo hunter”

Offline Tom Dooley

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 09:24:20 AM »
I have one in my vest at all times. Proven turkey killer. It can get loud and raspy but also rolls over the sweetest soft yelps I’ve ever heard.

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 02:33:02 PM »
The very first Pot Call I ever bought was Mr. Lonnie's Outlaw Hen. In fact, bought two, one each for my Son and me. Never will forget, I called him on July 3rd one year and left a message around 7:30 p.m. to call me back at his convenience. He did so around 9:45 the same night. We discussed the Calls I wanted and the proper use and care for them and and general turkey talk. And then we went hunting!!! Mr. Lonnie walked me through so many hollows and drug me to the tops of so many hills in West Virginia I woke up the next morning with blisters on my feet! I even started hearing what sounded like gunfire outside in my neighborhood! I finally realized the sound was fireworks and I told Mr. Lonnie Happy Fourth of July! That spry young- at- heart mountain man had talked to me for over 2 hours strong and slam into the next day!!! I never will forget that night and his literally captivating stories about the good 'ol days in "Wild and Wonderful West Virginia".

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 02:39:33 PM »
I have one in my vest at all times. Proven turkey killer. It can get loud and raspy but also rolls over the sweetest soft yelps I’ve ever heard.
[/quo

Yea, plays soft, loud just an over all player in my book....wish I bought one sooner...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »
The very first Pot Call I ever bought was Mr. Lonnie's Outlaw Hen. In fact, bought two, one each for my Son and me. Never will forget, I called him on July 3rd one year and left a message around 7:30 p.m. to call me back at his convenience. He did so around 9:45 the same night. We discussed the Calls I wanted and the proper use and care for them and and general turkey talk. And then we went hunting!!! Mr. Lonnie walked me through so many hollows and drug me to the tops of so many hills in West Virginia I woke up the next morning with blisters on my feet! I even started hearing what sounded like gunfire outside in my neighborhood! I finally realized the sound was fireworks and I told Mr. Lonnie Happy Fourth of July! That spry young- at- heart mountain man had talked to me for over 2 hours strong and slam into the next day!!! I never will forget that night and his literally captivating stories about the good 'ol days in "Wild and Wonderful West Virginia".

Treasured memory there, thanks for sharing...
“Solo hunter”

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »
Sure thing Tom! My pleasure then and now...

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »
Congrats Tom.
I been buying pots from Mr. Sneed for a long time, for me, my sons and hunting buddies.
I've got pots from the best of the best and I hunt them all in rotation except a Sneed pot never leaves my vest.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2021, 05:11:52 PM »
Congrats Tom.
I been buying pots from Mr. Sneed for a long time, for me, my sons and hunting buddies.
I've got pots from the best of the best and I hunt them all in rotation except a Sneed pot never leaves my vest.

I always liked that Green glass. Lonnie is an icon, wanted to have one his famous alligator covers too....Thx Tony
“Solo hunter”

Offline shatcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2021, 09:17:49 PM »
Looks like some improvement assembly wise. That’s good
Take $25 for yours?

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 06:48:21 AM »
Take $25 for yours?

Brother I realize you’re being sarcastic but if I had one I’d seriously give it to ya. I’d not even pick one up if it was lying on the ground free. I hope the sound is better now too. Let’s not start knocking the man now. There’s plenty of thread already on here about that. We don’t need to rehash it.  I do see improvement. I’ll acknowledge that. Until I hear sone drastic sound change happened too I’d still never think it was worth $25. Why don’t you post a sound file of yours and show me?

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 06:56:33 AM »
Take $25 for yours?

Brother I realize you’re being sarcastic but if I had one I’d seriously give it to ya. I’d not even pick one up if it was lying on the ground free. I hope the sound is better now too. Let’s not start knocking the man now. There’s plenty of thread already on here about that. We don’t need to rehash it.  I do see improvement. I’ll acknowledge that. Until I hear sone drastic sound change happened too I’d still never think it was worth $25. Why don’t you post a sound file of yours and show me?

There's threads knocking Lonnie Sneed ? Must have been the relatives of all the dead turkeys started that one, lol.