OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Monday May 23, 2011 Are You Ready?

Started by mmims, May 23, 2011, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

Are You Ready?
Mathew 26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.29 "Immediately after the distress of those days  "'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'
30 "Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Thinking of this Devotional my mind went so many places...but space is limited.
A very good Pastor and very close friend once said in a sermon that " If God doesn't hurry up and return he will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah". After the sermon I quickly and lovingly reminded him that God will never have to apologize for any of his actions including Sodom and Gomorrah! It was a intended to get people's attention, another well meaning statement that said something scripture doesn't say!

Thinking back on Saturday, Atheist had a field day,(another reason to mock Christianity), uninformed and young Christians were terrified, and even worse Christians who knew better made fun and jokes about the false prophecy. What a sad day for our savior.
Here is what I know. When I started preaching, I soon realized that there was more of God's word than I could share in a lifetime. I didn't have time to come up with  the Book of Mike Mims, Time was precious.

Since his prediction was based on the science of math, (by the way it's an exact science till it's applied) I thought I would share God's Math...
There is 1 way to be saved, Jesus!
There is 1 way to please God, Faith in Jesus!
There is 1 day he will return, only God the Father Knows.
There is only 1 mission, share Christ with a lost and dying world.
There is only 1 way to stay in touch with the joy and excitement of God, Prayer!
There is only 1 attitude for Christians; get up every morning hoping and praying that today is the day! Or go to be hoping and praying that Gabriel's trumpet is what wakes you instead of an alarm clock! If you don't live life this way you better fall on your knees and repent!
Will he come Today! It is my prayer and would be the greatest day any Christian could imagine!
God Bless The Faithful!
Bro. Mike

S.C.C

AMEN!!! Bro Mike,a man never knows his last day or the last breath of air he will take on this earth. :jesus-cross:

Duke0002

Beautiful devotion. Thanks, Mike.   Be ready and live in expectation of that great day!

turkey slayer

pappy

Wow, I knew you told me on the phone you were fired up for Monday, but man, this is great!!!!! thanks bro., Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

Well written Brother Mike!!

Thanks for sharing your communication from the Lord.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great devotional Mike, thanks for sharing!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)