OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rabbit hunting and other stuff...  (Read 1261 times)

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Rabbit hunting and other stuff...
« on: February 16, 2021, 09:24:39 PM »
So, it’s not birds but I’m supposed to be going out for some rabbits this weekend. Not sure how much the weather is going to agree things up just yet. And trying to find shotgun shells, much like everything else, has been nearly a fruitless effort. But, I got lucky today in finding some estate 7.5’s at $66/case. Comes out to $6.60/box. Seemed kinda cheap considering they were $11/box the last place I could find them. They also had 12 ga Winchester AA’s in 7.5’s for $88/case. Found myself calling up there and having them hold a case of those for me. Should likely get 2 if they’ve got them. I don’t shoot well at doves and could easily burn up a few next season.

Have also found myself getting into waterfowl this year which has prompted me to get a dog. My youngest wanted a lab. I’d fought it for a while then finally saw the utility in a lab. But I didn’t want a dog that large and so I talked them into a Boykin Spaniel. I likely should’ve looked at prices first. The man would’ve been way cheaper. But, they’re on board so I’ve gotta start saving my pennies to get that thing wrapped up. Plus side, that apparently are awesome turkey dogs. That’ll change the fall season drastically.

Anyway, I hope everyone has found something to fill the time between now and turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Rabbit hunting and other stuff...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 10:26:29 PM »
For me, here lately it’s been a snow shovel.