turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wet/All weather pot recommendation

Started by Rzrbac, February 16, 2021, 03:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

I don't run a pot call that often and weather has nothing to do with when I do use one. I'm asking for my son, he runs mouth calls but his second call is a pot call. I've given him most of my calls except one slate. For whatever reason he can't get them to play consistently in wet or humid conditions. They did for me. With that said I've sent him a few videos I've found of calls running under a faucet. I told him I would research and ask around on here to see what folks think. Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

callmakerman

Al Holbert of Enticer turkey calls. I've used his wet one glass in the composite pot for years.

ChesterCopperpot

If I was currently in the market I'd be buying one of Chris Brumfiel's all weather ceramics. They're mean! He's on here. Here's a demo he posted recently.

Wet Weather Pot Running Water Demo
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=17578&share_tid=101321&url=http%3A%2F%2Foldgobbler%2Ecom%2FForum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D101321&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: callmakerman on February 16, 2021, 03:23:23 PM
Al Holbert of Enticer turkey calls. I've used his wet one glass in the composite pot for years.
X2 Great guy, great calls, and reasonably priced.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

This ^^^

WV Ridge Reaper

Brumfiel's pot is a home run wet or dry

Bowguy

X3

perrytrails

Cane creek cottonmouth striker for wet conditions works well on any surface.

Enticer silver thunder extreme in corian pot with his carbon tipped striker.

PALongspur

Dustin Jones and Brian Lawter make the finest all weather strikers I've ever played.

tnanh

I have two Enticers and not only do they sound pretty good wet but I think they are good on windy days also.

Turkeytider

Another + for Al and Enticer calls . Silver Thunder Extreme . Rough up the corian back for some soft calling. Like two calls in one .

CntrlPAlongbeard

I looked up Chris Brumfiel's Facebook page, and I see his calls but I don't see where to order or his prices?
Can anyone help me out?
You are going to find him endlessly fascinating, occasionally easy, regularly difficult, and frequently impossible, but never dull. -Col. Tom Kelly

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: CntrlPAlongbeard on February 19, 2021, 11:37:50 PM
I looked up Chris Brumfiel's Facebook page, and I see his calls but I don't see where to order or his prices?
Can anyone help me out?
Shoot him a message on here. He's [mention]C. Brumfiel [/mention]

Bringintheh2o

Dustin Jones has a great wet weather pot and matching striker. I just received a Al Holbert Enticer Wet-one and it is equally as good. He also sends a wet weather striker with his pot. Both will serve you well for whatever the weather has to offer.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: CntrlPAlongbeard on February 19, 2021, 11:37:50 PM
Can anyone help me out?

PM sent.