OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sbe 1 barrel

Started by ar21angler, February 14, 2021, 07:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar21angler

guys i recently aquired a sbe 1 barre it is 24 inches and has the mobil choke system.  I have a question for you guys how reliable is his barrel and do they shoot good like a sbe 2. have you guys every had a barrel refinished. this barrel is blued and my benelli sbe 2 has a matt finish. I also need to have it drilled and tapped. Should i keep it and have it refinished? What kind of finished should i go with for it to have the matte flat finish my gun has? Should i have the forcing cone lenghtened? I have a razor that will go on it or should i send it back and wait for the backordered barrels from benelli?

Tom007

I have the SBE 1. One of my favorites. You could have it re-done in matte to match yours. In my opinion, they are very reliable barrels. Good luck...
"Solo hunter"

Shoreguy

I shoot a SBE 1 and it has been reliable but mine is in camo.  I bought a b square that goes around the reciever to mount my vortex venom.  I dont think its the best method but it works and I can remove it and use the gun for bird hunting as well. 

Tom007

Good luck with it....be safe
"Solo hunter"

ar21angler

i sent it back after pricing the cost to get it how i want it iwould have been better off getting another gun so that is what i did i found a deadstock sbe 2 with 24 inch barrel

Tom007

Quote from: ar21angler on February 18, 2021, 07:55:40 PM
i sent it back after pricing the cost to get it how i want it iwould have been better off getting another gun so that is what i did i found a deadstock sbe 2 with 24 inch barrel

That's a beauty, best of luck. I am a big Benelli fan....be safe....
"Solo hunter"