OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: KILLER B’s  (Read 3688 times)

Offline zsully

KILLER B’s
« on: February 08, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »
The 2021 KILLER B’s

1. Skimerhorn -
2. Meleagris Gallopavo -
3. Yoder409 -
4. Zsully -
5. Delmar ODonnell -
6. Hoosier2 -
7. KHNC -
8. Twyatt -
9. A_jabbo -
10. Xbowhuntonly -
11. Mossyguy -
12. POK3s -
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:48:55 PM by zsully »

Offline skimerhorn

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: KILLER B’s
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:29:34 PM »
I'm in for sure

Offline zsully

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 09:33:56 PM »
Glad to hear it Skimmer. I also heard you have a little 410 project going. Just got one myself and set it up for my boy. I’m not going to lie, I see myself at least carrying it some of the time too.

Offline POk3s

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:57:58 PM »
Officially checking in. Proud to be with you boys for another round. I have Wyoming, Montana, and Nebraska on the docket this year. May add one or two more depending on how the season unravels.

Offline skimerhorn

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 09:21:42 PM »
Glad to hear it Skimmer. I also heard you have a little 410 project going. Just got one myself and set it up for my boy. I’m not going to lie, I see myself at least carrying it some of the time too.
yea I have the savage 410 and I've got it about where I want it. But I'm thinking about getting the mossberg sa410 and setting that up. No real reason why just like the feel of it. Shoot me a pm and tell me about your setup and I'll see if I can help you in anyway

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 07:50:02 PM »
Thanks for getting this rolling, Zach !!

I'm in fo sho !!

Doing Florida end of next month then the PA home ranch.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline zsully

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 08:17:23 PM »

I'm in fo sho !!

I’m so jealous you’re heading to Florida! I hope to get there in the next couple years.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 09:22:43 PM »

I'm in fo sho !!

I’m so jealous you’re heading to Florida! I hope to get there in the next couple years.

it's still several weeks away.  So I'm looking forward to it.........just not "excited" yet.   Hard to even THINK about turkey hunting with what we've got coming the next few days.

But it should be a good time (Florida) when it gets here.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline KHNC

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »
Yep, im in! Just bought 66 acres near Blacksburg SC. Anyone hunt around there much? I havent seen any birds yet, but i have cameras out now.

Offline Mossyguy

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 10:50:14 AM »
Loggers may have an impact where I am this season. They started cutting a tract that I hunt about a month ago. I was hoping they would be close to being done already but this weather that we’ve had the last few weeks have put them way behind. This tract is next to another that I have access to and my guess is the loggers will be right in the thick of it when opening day comes around. We shall see...

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 09:46:14 PM »
One month from this morning I leave for Florida. 
PA elitist since 1979

Offline zsully

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 08:14:21 PM »
Two weeks after that I’ll be in Va. This team usually gets a late start compared to the others but dang we finish strong. It would be nice to get on the board early. No pressure Yoder  ;D

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 11:50:54 PM »
I just hunt.  There's NEVER any pressure, so.....   

My philosophy is that I'll either punch a tag......or I won't.  The first time I was in Nebraska, I had the dot on a mature Merriam's bird's neck st 33 yards and didn't pull the trigger.  Just wasn't the bird I went there for.   Drove 2500 miles and brought 2 un-punched Nebraska tags home.

I don't do pressure.   
PA elitist since 1979

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 09:09:07 AM »
I appreciate Twyatt inviting me to join the team.  I don't travel far to turkey hunt and I typically end up no more than 30 minutes from the house.  I hunt all private land in NC and VA.  We are blessed with a thriving turkey population in my area.  Hope I can contribute to the score.  The birds are heavy and the beards are long, but the spurs are usually nothing to write home about.  This is my first time being in the contest and I'm very excited to participate.

David Langston
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline skimerhorn

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 05:47:26 PM »
I appreciate Twyatt inviting me to join the team.  I don't travel far to turkey hunt and I typically end up no more than 30 minutes from the house.  I hunt all private land in NC and VA.  We are blessed with a thriving turkey population in my area.  Hope I can contribute to the score.  The birds are heavy and the beards are long, but the spurs are usually nothing to write home about.  This is my first time being in the contest and I'm very excited to participate.

David Langston
welcome aboard. Another guy here from va. I'm in the center tral part of the state. Not to far from twyatt  :wagon: