turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Flying with your turkey gun

Started by Roost 1, February 06, 2021, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

53.00 x 16.00 x 6.12 in  for the dimensions on the Pelican case but the most a standard checked bag can measure (length + width + height) on the outside is 62 inches.

So 75 inches total but no one has mentioned it being an issue.

lacire

Quote from: Richard Cranium on January 19, 2022, 08:10:14 PM
53.00 x 16.00 x 6.12 in  for the dimensions on the Pelican case but the most a standard checked bag can measure (length + width + height) on the outside is 62 inches.

So 75 inches total but no one has mentioned it being an issue.

This post started in 2021, there is another post about flying with your gun that was started this year, Jan. 2022 that has some more info in it. They charged us $70.00 each way for an oversized gun case last year. Linked below.

https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,106053.msg1050959.html#msg1050959
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gentry

I just bought a Plano 36 with plans on breaking down my gun to fit, but my SX4 20 gauge just did fit. I did not find a case that will come in under 62 inches long enough to fit the whole gun. Will the airlines care if it's over 62? I have no clue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lacire

Quote from: Gentry on January 19, 2022, 09:46:54 PM
I just bought a Plano 36 with plans on breaking down my gun to fit, but my SX4 20 gauge just did fit. I did not find a case that will come in under 62 inches long enough to fit the whole gun. Will the airlines care if it's over 62? I have no clue.

That Plano 36 looks like a nice case and it's made in the USA. The only case I found when I was looking that was under the overall 62" oversized baggage restrictions was the Pelican 700 and you would have to break down the gun to fit in it too.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Gentry

Quote from: lacire on January 20, 2022, 12:23:00 AM
Quote from: Gentry on January 19, 2022, 09:46:54 PM

That Plano 36 looks like a nice case and it's made in the USA. The only case I found when I was looking that was under the overall 62" oversized baggage restrictions was the Pelican 700 and you would have to break down the gun to fit in it too.
I think for the price of the Plano it's the best option. It also comes with keyed locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk