OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box call tuning help

Started by PA-strutter, February 04, 2021, 07:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA-strutter

I'm having trouble getting a sound out of my box calls that I've been making and I think it's coming down to tuning and sound board wisdom. Can anyone share their wisdom with me or point me in the direction when I can find something on the topic. I'm coming up empty. Thanks in advance.

paboxcall

Quote from: PA-strutter on February 04, 2021, 07:55:45 AM
I'm having trouble getting a sound out of my box calls that I've been making and I think it's coming down to tuning and sound board wisdom. Can anyone share their wisdom with me or point me in the direction when I can find something on the topic. I'm coming up empty. Thanks in advance.

This thread will get you started down the right path....

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,94334.msg923931.html#msg923931
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

PA-strutter

Thank you very much sir. Where from in PA?

paboxcall

Western side of the state.

How'd the tuning go for your box call?
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

PA-strutter

I'm on the Eastern side, about 20 miles south of Scranton.

I kept turning the screw a 1/8 turn until it was sounding hot. She's definitely a keeper.