OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What’s been your deadliest fiddle box combo?  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Mathews.1

• Longbeard
Re: What’s been your deadliest fiddle box combo?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 04:03:21 PM »
It’s hard to pick just one but if you like there fiddles I would highly recommend getting a longbox from them as well.

Offline Chuck1443

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
What’s been your deadliest fiddle box combo?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 04:19:03 PM »
I had the pleasure of watching TJ sand an tune a couple fiddle boxes, I was in all . His ability to change the sound was amazing. I want to say it’s a talent but it’s a gift , the ability to hear the hen he’s / you are looking for and producing that sound .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:36:58 AM by Chuck1443 »
[ulr=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url][=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157301774@N04/][/url]

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 01:37:04 AM »
Sitting here now listening to clips Don sent me of his Fiddle Box in different combinations, have it down to 3 and am trying to get it down to one by tomorrow. Really torn between two in particular plus one I like but am not sure and whichever that ends up being will be with me opening day.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 04:01:35 PM »
Sitting here now listening to clips Don sent me of his Fiddle Box in different combinations, have it down to 3 and am trying to get it down to one by tomorrow. Really torn between two in particular plus one I like but am not sure and whichever that ends up being will be with me opening day.

Like trying to pick a favorite kid.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 06:43:55 PM »

Like trying to pick a favorite kid.
I like most of my friends kids.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 07:47:53 PM »
Best to mortgage everything and just buy all 3 , you will never be happy with yourself if you don't .. LOL... Yes it's just hard making that choice because all of his are so good and easy to run.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 07:59:52 PM »
Best to mortgage everything and just buy all 3 , you will never be happy with yourself if you don't .. LOL... Yes it's just hard making that choice because all of his are so good and easy to run.
Only thing I have to mortgage is my ugliness and they won't give me much for that. I have to pick up a money order tomorrow or the day after. I will not tell you which I chose but it came down to an all walnut, a butternut mora or a butternut persimmon. Drove my company crazy listening to the 8 or so files he sent me and whittling them down to those three and then to two of them and then the final choice.

John Koenig:

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 08:10:52 PM »
butternut/persimmon!

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2021, 08:06:00 AM »
"Best to mortgage everything and just buy all 3 , you will never be happy with yourself if you don't .. LOL... Yes it's just hard making that choice because all of his are so good and easy to run. "

Mr. Watkins sent 9 sound files based on what I was looking for, ended up ordering 2, "not patiently" waiting for them to show up...
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 05:58:41 PM »
Sir and JeffC what combos did you guys get?

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »
My first from Mr. Watkins, wont be my last. As Gregg stated ,buy them all.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 08:11:31 PM »
Sir and JeffC what combos did you guys get?
Keep your eyes peeled, I will post it this week.

John Koenig:

Offline yelpaholic

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »
macassar over persimmon is fire.... But bloodwood over apple is the best ive got  nasty

Offline shatcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 09:33:30 PM »
Lot of know it alls on here.  Ipe over butternut and bloodwood over butternut.  There you go!

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 09:42:58 PM »
Bloodwood/ Butternut here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk