OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

nikon turkey pro?

Started by rodneyd, May 21, 2011, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneyd

what do yall think bout the nikon turkey pro?

Luke95

I just bought one and I love it I have not been able to mount it but it is a good scope. Worth the money in my opinion.
Sumtoy Get Choked

bad0351

Bought one and used it this spring....loved it and was very impressed with the BTR....
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

DUCKDIGGLER

I have one.....just mounted last weekend and sighted it in.....have not had a chance to get a gobbler's head in it yet....maybe tomorrow(fingers crossed).

As far as initial impressions go.....I like everything about the scope so far., especially the full 5" of eye relief at any power setting.....this isn't my first turkey scope and I can tell immediately the extra eye relief is super sweet. The BTR is a neat feature but it would be just as happy with cross hairs. The adjustments are positive click 1/4 MOA. Construction seems super solid (time will tell), camo is nice and matches my Browning Gold NWTF perfectly. Optics seem bright and field of view is good.

Nikon is offering an $80 rebate on the Camo models right now and I am trying to decide if I should scoop another one up at almost 30% off. I have to make a decision damn soon I guess.

So in summary....thumbs up!

I hope they decide to introduce a fixed 1.5 or 2X Camo Turkey model....I tend to favor less parts on a rugged use scope.

YMMV! :you_rock:

Reloader

I like the older Monarch with the TP reticle.  That ret works great in the turkey woods and the older Monarch 1.5-4.5x20 is alittle more compact and lighter than some of the newer models. Great FOV and great glass as well.

You can still find the older Monarch on several online stores.

DUCKDIGGLER

el diablo.....thak ye Sir! LOL You too!

What are you running for a choke and load?

Diggy :fud:

DUCKDIGGLER

Holy Hammers of Hell BatMan!! :you_rock:

And I thought 270 in 10" at 40 yds with the .675 IC and 3" 2 oz. #7s was good....wow!

I can only imagine your hit count with your hand-loads....impressive! What, if you don't mind me asking does each hand-load cost you?

deerslayer357

I love my Nikon TurkeyPro.  I put mine on a Remington 1187 that I made a dedicated turkey rig.

I got it in August of last year, and have put probably 25 rounds down range with it.  So far it has held zero just fine and works well.

Last spring I killed 3 gobblers with it and didn't have any problems out of it at all.  The only down side I have found is that I wish I had another one!

Hooks' n' Beards'

There a Great scope,im either getting one of them or a Leupold Turkey scope.

Luke95

its 149 us at cabelas right now
Sumtoy Get Choked

Hooks' n' Beards'

Quote from: Luke95 on February 25, 2012, 05:29:48 PM
its 149 us at cabelas right now
Thats a Great price for the Scope.