Main Menu

Crystal Mistress, Is it still on top?

Started by gatrkyhntr70, January 24, 2021, 11:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Remove please
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Spitten and drummen

Best is subject to ones own opinion. I have 2 and they are very good. They are older. I have played newer ones and they dont sound as good as my older ones to me. There are plenty of people making great pot calls now days that are great. But to sum up the answer to your question , the best pot call is the one you have the most confidence in. As a matter of fact , you can let 3 people run the same pot and each plays it differently and each will have their own opinion. There really is no best and there is no holy grail of turkey calls , even though some of us keep searching for the unicorn lol. But yes , the crystal mistress has turkey in it most defineatly.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tom007

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 24, 2021, 11:26:21 AM
Best is subject to ones own opinion. I have 2 and they are very good. They are older. I have played newer ones and they dont sound as good as my older ones to me. There are plenty of people making great pot calls now days that are great. But to sum up the answer to your question , the best pot call is the one you have the most confidence in. As a matter of fact , you can let 3 people run the same pot and each plays it differently and each will have their own opinion. There really is no best and there is no holy grail of turkey calls , even though some of us keep searching for the unicorn lol. But yes , the crystal mistress has turkey in it most defineatly.

Perfect answer my friend, well said.....
"Solo hunter"

fmf

as much as i like my crystal mistress, i like the metal mouth 2 more

gatrkyhntr70

Just looking for a simple answer, who's making the best/ or most favored crystal pot?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Turkeytider

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on January 24, 2021, 12:54:29 PM
Just looking for a simple answer, who's making the best/ or most favored crystal pot?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid some questions just don't lend themselves to simple, universal answers.

gatrkyhntr70

No need for some long winded b.s. answer, what's your favorite crystal pot.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: fmf on January 24, 2021, 12:29:12 PM
as much as i like my crystal mistress, i like the metal mouth 2 more
I like my Metal Mouth II better than my crystal mistress as well. As far as other crystals, Clay Townsend, Brad Roberts, Paul Hicks Jr. in that order are three more I love. Heard great things about Buster Halford's crystal but haven't played one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shatcher

3bailey3

Gog1015

Buster Halford crystal double sider...great call

owlhoot

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on January 24, 2021, 01:42:28 PM
No need for some long winded b.s. answer, what's your favorite crystal pot.
Shoot just buy one , might be the best one for you.

HookedonHooks

Jimmy Schaffer is the crystal king in my opinion, it's definitely his speciality and the vast majority of his "glass" calls are actually all just crystal. He doesn't use regular glass unless he labels the call as such because his standard is crystal.

Some really good options from him are his Mahoe crystal over glass or his Mad Hen 2.

jbrock7

:welcomeOG: i have the crystal mistress and its what call got me wanting more david halloran calls but i also love my clay townsend call and others.I was watching a video on youtube the other day when a group of old turkey hunters said everyone has that perfect hen sound in there head and everyones is different. That is why they are a million call makers.I don't think you can go wrong with anything from david halloran though definitely turkey in everything he produces.