OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Primos Rocker Vest  (Read 864 times)

Offline WTNUT

Primos Rocker Vest
« on: January 25, 2021, 01:43:15 PM »
I saw some reviews of the vest from 2018 that thought the quality was poor and that it came apart on the user.    Has anyone tried the vests in 2019 or 2020 to provide feedback?   I purchased one of the original “lounger” vests by Bucklick turkey vests in about 1996 and have carried it every year since,  but the layout of the pockets isn’t great.   I LOVE the ability to rest against the back without a tree,  and looking for something to replace it with this spring.  I do not want one of the models with frames,  poles etc.    Thanks.

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Primos Rocker Vest
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 01:55:29 PM »
I bought a Rocker vest last season and it didnt make it less than a week. Wouldn't recommend it whatsoever.  Tge poles ripped through the vest we bring on one side. Several others mentioned the same thing.

Offline WTNUT

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 02:32:09 PM »
Thanks.  That seems to be the story everywhere.   It is a shame.  Primos ain’t what it use to be.   By way of example,  the original Double Bull blinds were fantastic,  but the two I purchased after Primos bought them were junk with a capital “J”.   

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »
Like you, I had a Bucklick Creek for years.  Got a first year Primos and it lasted about three hunts.  But I didn't use if but once the first year so the warranty was out.
Never heard anything good about them and will never buy another Primos vest because of it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 07:20:07 PM »
I really liked the rocker vest in concept but not execution. By the 3rd state in its first season I was using fishing line to tie up rips and reinforce corners after almost every hunt.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »
Yep. All in agreement.  Rocker is poor quality for sure.