OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional May 21, 2011 "Well Today Is The Day"...Wrong!

Started by mmims, May 20, 2011, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmims

Matthew 24:36

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

According to Christian radio broadcaster Harold Camping, it is. His latest prediction names Saturday, May 21, 2011 as Judgement Day — marking the beginning five-month period of death and destruction before the world finally ends on October 21, 2011.
On his website, Camping asserts that a massive earthquake, powerful enough to throw open all graves will come first, followed by a slow death for all non-believers over the next five months. His prediction is based on taking direct quotes and stories from the Bible and applying them to numerological formulas.
Of course, he's not the first person to predict the end of the world. From scientists to theologists to scholars and even housewives — humans have a history of fascination with the Apocolypse. People have morbid obsession with how our lives will end and what follows.

Fox News Posted This Poll Yesterday
If you believed tomorrow would bring the end of the world, how would you spend your remaining time?
Quiet night with family and/or good friends 41.7% (8,413 votes)

Pray 39.64% (7,997 votes)

Eat an outrageously expensive dinner -- then skip on the check 2.39% (482 votes)

Call all my creditors and tell them to go to... 3.9% (786 votes)

Cut Justin Bieber's hair 1.57% (316 votes)

Propose to Jennifer Aniston 3.7% (746 votes)

Other (post a comment) 7.1% (1,433 votes)

Total Votes: 20,173

Of Course We Are Still Here!
Remember: Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. Mike

I Know Monday is a open Devotional day. I will have a LOT more to say on Monday.

Duke0002

Thanks for the Scripture, Mike.  No man knows the day or hour.  I'd rather trust Jesus' words than man's words!

Looking forward to your devotion Monday.

Roostem33

I think the main thing is to be ready when ever it comes. I think this is the same guy who said the world would end in 1994.

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thank you Brother Mike!!

To God be the Glory!!

Waiting on Monday for your followup as well.

God Bless,
David B.

pappy

Mike I KNOW that this upcoming Monday will be a thrill...I am pumped up for tomorrow's devotional. I feel sad in respect to the stumbling block this fellow has placed infront of so many. Mark 13:32 - 37 says it all....but in reality, the devil is hard at work trying to discredit God's word, by using those unfortunate few to claim the world's end being disclosed unto them, thanks so much for the devotional ...Jack
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

I wanted to be brief and let the scripture speak onthis day! Monday I have a word or two!

Mike