News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buy your ammo!!!

Started by POk3s, December 29, 2020, 05:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Quote from: POk3s on January 05, 2021, 04:24:57 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, and I honestly probably had enough to get me through the season but I guess that's not the point. Better to know I have more than I should need! I should've known you real turkey freaks would have plenty, but hopefully I saved someone from not having any ammo come turkey time!

You are right and I would suggest trying to have enough ammo to get you through 10 seasons.  And I am being serious.  Don't have to buy it all at once.  Shop for deals and never pay full retail!  If you never find it one year on sale, no biggie, you have enough and can keep looking.   

I bought some shells that were such a good deal, I am cutting them open to steal the shot for my muzzleloader.  Did that a couple years back and found some more still around - the shot is significantly cheaper than buying it bulk from any source I could find. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ElkTurkMan

I have 21 boxes of Hevi-13 3" 2oz #6's in my gun safe, and I am going to buy more.  Like others have said , I shop around for deals or buy it at places that offer free shipping.   I hope I am wrong but I keep thinking they may discontinue these shells with all the people shooting TSS, now days.   

Turkeytider

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on January 22, 2021, 01:38:49 PM
I have 21 boxes of Hevi-13 3" 2oz #6's in my gun safe, and I am going to buy more.  Like others have said , I shop around for deals or buy it at places that offer free shipping.   I hope I am wrong but I keep thinking they may discontinue these shells with all the people shooting TSS, now days.   

21 boxes ? In Georgia under current regs that`s 35 years worth, and that`s if you limited out EVERY year! I`ve got 3 boxes and that`ll most likely last me the rest of my turkey hunting career! Of course, I`m 73 and have a self-imposed limit of one bird/year!

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: Turkeytider on January 22, 2021, 02:06:32 PM

21 boxes ? In Georgia under current regs that`s 35 years worth, and that`s if you limited out EVERY year! I`ve got 3 boxes and that`ll most likely last me the rest of my turkey hunting career! Of course, I`m 73 and have a self-imposed limit of one bird/year!

GA isn't the only state I hunt every spring.

Ol timer

Yes I seen the outrageous prices on ammo lately looks like the Left is winning again they can't take our guns yet, but will make it impossible to find ammo and if you do find some it's overkill. We are all getting screwed!!!

ShootingABN!

Anyone having a hard time getting custom ammo like Nitro, Apex, Foxtrot?

Goblen

Quote from: ShootingABN! on January 23, 2021, 03:42:31 PM
I've seen apex 12 and 20 Guage available.

Vinci1964

Quote from: ShootingABN! on January 23, 2021, 03:42:31 PM
I have seen Apex but not in #9's. Try Presley's.

WildTigerTrout

A couple of friends and I took a day trip to visit several specialty fly fishing shops.  On the way back we stopped at Bass Pro.  I had a couple of gift cards that I needed to use.  I had one for nearly two years(I don't live near a Bass Pro).  Anyway I ended up looking to see what shot shells they had.  Not much that I use but I found some 20 Ga. Hevi-Shot Magnum Blends that I do.  I bought five boxes.  I figured I better get them while I could. Hevi-Shot has a rebate on Hevi 13 and Magnum Blends through May 31, 2021. $10 a box with a two box limit. Get them when you can!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Turkeytider

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on January 22, 2021, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: Turkeytider on January 22, 2021, 02:06:32 PM

GA isn't the only state I hunt every spring.

Absolutely! Wasn`t criticizing at all. Just a lot of bullets!

ShootingABN!

I placed my order with Nitro Custom shells today!
Order the  T4100 and T4106 9x10 410 to try in my Son's Mossberg with Sumtoy choke...

Get your orders in soon...

Good luck.