turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex Ammo

Started by rakkin6, January 24, 2021, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

For those of you that shoot Apex ammo are you using the original GT-3, Small Town or Turkey Ninja. I am shooting a Mossy 835 with Indian Creek choke. Going to try some TSS this year and decided on Apex just not sure which model. I am still going to run my Longbeard XR out of my other gun.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Yelper

The ninja shoots great in my 20ga. Not sure what choke your using but you don't need a tight choke, mine shoots great with the Carlson 575 choke.

Yelper

rakkin6

I am shooting the 12 gauge 835 with an Indian Creek .675

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Yelper

That's a good choke restriction to start with.

rakkin6

I am leaning more towards the Ninja or the original GT-3. Just like the idea of having one size pellet instead of stacked #7.5 and #9.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

fmf

I like the gt but i have a few boxes of ninja and have shot the small town.  They all shoot very similar in my gun. You won't go wrong with any of them imo

Snood Life

I shoot the original and love it.

davisd9

Just get the basic one with the smallest shot your state allows. I like 9s
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

rakkin6

Yeah I can shoot from 4 to 9. Was going for the 9's in the original for the amount of shot. And obviously the Ninja are only 8.5#.
Think I am going to go with the GT-3 original. Now I have to find it. Apex website only has #8.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Vinci1964

Quote from: Yelper on January 24, 2021, 01:39:01 PM
The ninja shoots great in my 20ga. Not sure what choke your using but you don't need a tight choke, mine shoots great with the Carlson 575 choke.

Yelper
I shoot the same choke size with GT3 #9's. Seems like a deadly pattern.

Roost 1

skimerhorn

I like original better. My gun shoots 8s better then 9s

jordanz7935

I shoot apex #8s out of my 16ga. I have a 935 but dont shoot TSS in it. Id probably go with the ninja #8.5s or gt3 straight 8s if it were me. #9s will always put more holes in paper, but the #8 tss shot really hammers them. Very impressed with the damage and penetration ive seen with the 8s.

davisd9

9s hit hard enough to effectively kill turkeys at longer ranges than they should be shot at. Nothing wrong with 8s but 9s increase your pattern density and straight flatten a turkey.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Meleagris gallopavo

I've killed turkeys with PT 3.5s 8s and 9s and Ninjas with my 835 with the Indian Creek BDS choke.  Never done the blends.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.