OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Arrow Fletcher or New Arrows

Started by Woodsman4God, May 20, 2011, 09:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I buy an Arizona EZ fletcher or buy a dozen arrows fletched the way I want

Arrow Fletcher
Dozen Pre Fletched

Woodsman4God

Hey guys I am about to run into some Birthday money and one of the investments I am going to make is either a fletching jig or a dozen new arrows, I like the arrows I have but they are a bit heavier than I wanted but will do the job with a change of the fletching or I can get closer to what I wanted and have them pre fletched with the helical I wanted in the first place. What do you guys do?

a-j calls

Buy the fletcher, fix what you have...if you just buy new arrows, your going to have to eventually fix them as well, cheaper to buy vanes than arrows.

lightsoutcalls

I bought the Bohning Blazer jig last year and fletched my first dozen arrows.  I chose the 2.1" fusion duravanes.  I get good results from them and getting ready to switch back to Easton Axis arrows.  I just ordered some Fusion Zeon vanes to use for the new arrows.  It takes me 10-15 minutes per arrow if I am putting vanes on while watching TV.

It's handy to be able to replace your own vanes if you need to.  Saves money in the long run from having a pro-shop do it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

maineguide

The Arizona (SP) easy fletch is a good investment. Very easy to use and fast. I have done new and very used arrows.