OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bag tote for ground blind  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Uncle Tom

Bag tote for ground blind
« on: February 04, 2022, 03:16:29 PM »
Have a ground blind that have used a few years made by Hunters Specialties.....27" x 6' and you just roll it up when thru your hunt...put in back of vest for packing. Have quit using a vest and gone to a shoulder bag for my calls etc. I use a chair that is no longer made and it has a web seat and back with a cushion on the seat and back for comfort....fold down back....four legs like 6" or so off ground...think it weighs like 4 lbs.....very comfortable and light. Nice back straps for carrying on back. Am looking for some type of material to make a carrying bag to attach under the bottom of the seat to carry this blind....any ideas?

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: Bag tote for ground blind
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:57:29 PM »
Pics would help. I have "made/improved" a lot of my turkey gear to fit my hunt.

MK M GOBL

Offline Uncle Tom

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 03:29:31 AM »
MK M GOBL the blind is from Hunters Specialties and Midway USA sells it. Nothing but a couple of steaks that breaks in half attached to ends of blind and just rolls up when you finish your hunt….like about 18” long for packing in. I would be placing it under bottom of seat I sit in for carrying and need some type on material to make a pouch for carrying…something like camo material that is durable that would not tear. Can’t find anything except blind material and it will tear easily. Thought might take a pant leg off a pair of camp pants to make one….only thing have come up with so far.

Offline Uncle Tom

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 08:32:18 AM »
MK M GOBL, think I have figured it out....when I fold the seat for packing I can place the rolled up blind between the seat and the back....fits tight so will not fall out. Sometimes you just have to put your thinking cap on you know. Have always carried it on my back in my vest but now use a shoulder bag so all is good. Thanks for your thoughts. I did notice the Hunters Specialties blind like I have is not made with the folding poles anymore. Now they are put together with shock-corded fiberglass poles...a money saving step looks like to me. I just replaced the blind material on mine so like new now. Have killed many a ole bird and coyote behind that thing.....they never know you there till it too late.

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 07:48:27 PM »
MK M GOBL, think I have figured it out....when I fold the seat for packing I can place the rolled up blind between the seat and the back....fits tight so will not fall out. Sometimes you just have to put your thinking cap on you know. Have always carried it on my back in my vest but now use a shoulder bag so all is good. Thanks for your thoughts. I did notice the Hunters Specialties blind like I have is not made with the folding poles anymore. Now they are put together with shock-corded fiberglass poles...a money saving step looks like to me. I just replaced the blind material on mine so like new now. Have killed many a ole bird and coyote behind that thing.....they never know you there till it too late.

Sounds Good!

MK M GOBL