turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hand loading scale recommendation

Started by YukonC, January 22, 2021, 05:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

Hello I have everything on the way for loading my own shot shells besides a scale. Can anyone suggest a good scale? Leaning towards digital but I am open to suggestions and experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

RCBS 10-10,

not digital but accurate, reliable and built to last

2eagles

I have a Redding Model #2 that I haven't used in a long time and would like to sell. It's like new in box. Midway says it retails @$150 on sale for $100. I'll sell mine for $50 shipped to your door. I can send pictures, can't get my pic to load.

YukonC

I appreciate the offer. I did some research last night and would like to stick to digital. The scale will need to have the capacity to weigh 2-2 1/2oz of shot as well. Seems like I can get a few $25 scales and just test them against each other. Still researching.

Ranger

Several years now on a Lyman Accu Touch 2000, was recommended by the man that owns Coastal Precision in Georgia and used to develop loads for McWhorter rifles for what it's worth.  Has been excellent, and I don't use the trickler, everything is hand poured.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Gobble!

Been using a Ballistic Products 1500 for years without issue.

YukonC

Quote from: Gobble! on January 23, 2021, 01:18:38 PM
Been using a Ballistic Products 1500 for years without issue.
I have an order I placed with then Friday and didn't even think to check their scales. I emailed them hopefully I can get it added to the order. Their shipping is HIGh.

Dtrkyman

I bought a Hornady, inexpensive and consistent.

Goblen

chipper

YukonC

I have the ballistics and a Redding model 2 showing up tomorrow. I figure I just check against each other snd I'll be good to go.