OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Primos Vest  (Read 2220 times)

Offline kytrkyhntr

New Primos Vest
« on: January 22, 2021, 07:14:50 AM »
Just saw a video on the new Primos vest on YouTube. Looks okay but didn’t blow me away. (Too many pockets IMO) anyway, I go to look it up on their website to see the price and it’s 200 bucks. What happened to primos being reasonably priced gear??
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: New Primos Vest
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 07:29:22 AM »
They sold out to Vista Outdoors. Sad, but they are still in business......
“Solo hunter”

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 07:37:50 AM »
Just saw a video on the new Primos vest on YouTube. Looks okay but didn’t blow me away. (Too many pockets IMO) anyway, I go to look it up on their website to see the price and it’s 200 bucks. What happened to primos being reasonably priced gear??
When those Grand Slams started breaking the $150 mark that seemed to become the new price point for “top of the line” turkey vests, that $150-$200 range. As more folks seem to be getting into the sport, that’s the eye candy, got-to-have-the-shiniest-new-thing-if-I-want-to-be-taken-serious gear. They eat it up and buy it out. Because heaven forbid you don’t LOOK like a turkey hunter. Same reason you drive the trout streams by my house and see people who can’t cast, can’t throw a mend, wearing $400 waders and $200 vests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 07:44:38 AM »
When those Grand Slams started breaking the $150 mark that seemed to become the new price point for “top of the line” turkey vests, that $150-$200 range. As more folks seem to be getting into the sport, that’s the eye candy, got-to-have-the-shiniest-new-thing-if-I-want-to-be-taken-serious gear. They eat it up and buy it out. Because heaven forbid you don’t LOOK like a turkey hunter. Same reason you drive the trout streams by my house and see people who can’t cast, can’t throw a mend, wearing $400 waders and $200 vests.

Beware of the ruffled, scantly dressed hunter you meet on the trail with tiger stripe camo, leather work boots, and an old double broke over his shoulder. He will whip out his scratch box and give us all a clinic on how to bag a wary Tom......
“Solo hunter”

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 07:54:35 AM »
Just looked at it on line. Lots of pockets, seems well made. Maybe too many pockets, if you loaded it up, it would be heavy. They even offer 4 interest free payments...lol. Pretty steep price. 
“Solo hunter”

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 08:04:57 AM »
Just looked at it on line. Lots of pockets, seems well made. Maybe too many pockets, if you loaded it up, it would be heavy. They even offer 4 interest free payments...lol. Pretty steep price.
If you’re making payments on a turkey vest, you’ve got your priorities screwed up. Now a payment plan on a Cost box...you’re my people

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 08:09:50 AM »
Amen brother....
“Solo hunter”

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 08:35:51 AM »

Man they don't want to hang around me then. I typically look like a hobo and have 4-5 different camo patterns going on. My vest is so faded you can't even really distinguish the pattern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 09:34:48 AM »

Man they don't want to hang around me then. I typically look like a hobo and have 4-5 different camo patterns going on. My vest is so faded you can't even really distinguish the pattern.

And I’ll bet you get your share of gobblers, remember it’s not what gear you use,  it’s how you do that counts the most in this game.....be safe...
“Solo hunter”

Offline PalmettoRon

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 09:59:10 AM »
Haha Happy! I'm with you. I have nice camo gear, but I do not cut a dashing figure with my style. I too usually have different camo patterns for my hat, shirt, jacket, vest and pants. I've been made fun of, but those in the know, realize camo blobs aren't always the best choice and better yet, being still and knowing how and when to move are more important than any camo.

I hunted with Dwain Bland several times back in the late '80's and believe me, he smoked tons of turkeys over his lifetime with little or NO camo on.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:35 AM »
I would probably kill more if the danged duct tape holding my gun together wasn't always shifting around.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »
My miss match camo from Goodwill and my Glenda Green satchel makes this old turkey hunter very happy.. I saw the video of the vest and they can keep it for 200 dollars , i bet it's made in china.. LOL... I can remember the first vest i bought and it was a Lynch vest and i think i paid big money for it back them around 29.00 dollars .

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 10:27:32 AM »
I am a modern hunter, satchels only. Even have them in patterns to match my clothes. If I do not look like a Mossy Oak model then am I truly turkey hunting?  Great camo really makes sunrise photos pop.  Pride myself on the latest and greatest, turkey or no turkey things will flow.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 10:39:19 AM by davisd9 »
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »
Amen my brothers...
“Solo hunter”

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 10:44:17 AM »
I did not know my camo clothing was supposed to match. Learn something every day.