OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Vest on the market  (Read 7196 times)

Offline Aholdren

Re: New Vest on the market
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 08:01:23 PM »
Looks like a nice thought out vest but for that kind of money you would think it would have a lifetime warranty

This is my take also. Double what I'd consider paying..  Good luck on a great vest, just not in my $ wheel house.

Offline CALLM2U

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:25 PM »
I'll admit, I tried to find something that I don't like about it... but I came up empty handed. 

I can see myself trying this one out. 

The only outstanding question I would have is regarding size.  I see it's adjustable but how does it fit small framed folks and women?   

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 09:23:44 PM »
Does the box call pocket have a sleeve to keep the paddle separate/quiet?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 09:45:54 PM »
Looks like a nice vest. Just wondering if you considered a waist belt similar to a backpack. A good waist belt takes all the weight off the shoulders and transfers it to the hips. The original Cabelas tater vest had a great waist belt and one of the Tenzing vests did too. But those are both discontinued and I’m not aware of any other vest with a backpack style waist belt. It just seems that is something more people would want, but maybe it’s just me.

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2021, 10:18:37 PM »
Looks to be well thought out, now if you get into making a "Hip Pack" I'd be interested. I carry a turkey lounger so no seat pad needed and have a sling for toting a tom out so no game bag. Of course this is why they make the hip packs for some of us.

Here's my Badlands Hip Pack, worked great to begin with but the magnetic tube closures I lost some calls... I now have the Avian X Sling Pack, on my second year with that but still looking for something better.

MK M GOBL

Offline Ranger

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 12:59:32 AM »
Looks like a nice vest. Excuse MK Gobl, he must have thought you asked about his fanny pack.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 07:58:35 AM »
Vest looks nice. Agree with others, for the money, need to stand behind your product. Looks like a new venture , only hats and vest shown on website, step up and offer a serious warranty. If your testing shows it holds up to 2 seasons of hard hunting, offer a 5 year guarantee against defects. Where are you making this vest? I am interested in buying.   
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 09:17:48 AM »
The two zippers in the back, what are they for?
Does it have loops to hold the hose of a hydration bladder on the shoulders?
I've never liked magnetic seats but sounds like this vest has overly heavy magnets. Strong enough it won't come off running through the woods?
What length box call can that pocket support?
How deep does the pocket go that crow call is sticking out of?
Price point is pretty high. Your competition at that price includes a kickstand.

Offline haystaddle

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
Looks interesting to me. Just curious on one size, since I’m 6’5” 280. A lot of osfa doesn’t work. And a video of the vest would be a big help.

Offline ddturkeyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
Nice vest, most questions I seen have been asked, box call pocket length; paddle sleeve, zippers etc. My bigger concern is one size fits most, but then you offer a return, would hope so. I like vest to run big so can have light jacket under it for early spring hunts in the north. But like more open back for the later run and gunning, so I am hard to please, like most at that price. So I have your website bookmarked to watch for any new details down the road.

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
Looks good. Might have to wait until some other people can review it before buying it, but I like the way it looks.

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2021, 08:57:51 AM »
Looks good, does it have striker pocket's ?

Hey Greg, thanks for the question. The striker go inside the pot call pocket. There are 4 striker sleeves inside that pocket. I did this so you would only have to open one compartment when getting a pot call out.

Drew

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2021, 09:01:35 AM »
Very nice looking vest, I do agree that zippers on both sides of a pocket are what I prefer instead of a full zip to open.

It would be nice to have an option of the vest minus the cushion. I have a hard time giving up my Hunt Comfort Fatboy and normally carry it in the bird pouch

Thanks for the reply. I will take that into consideration on my next run!

Drew

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 09:05:06 AM »
I'll admit, I tried to find something that I don't like about it... but I came up empty handed. 

I can see myself trying this one out. 

The only outstanding question I would have is regarding size.  I see it's adjustable but how does it fit small framed folks and women?

That's a great question. I am 5,9 135lbs so call me a lightweight haha  :blob10: It fits me well. Much like a medium size tatr 2 or tatr 3. I knew coming into this that sizing would be a big concern for folks so I insisted on offer free returns. If you get it and don't like the size request a return label and send it back!

Offline turkeykiller22

• Grounded Brand
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 09:09:15 AM »
Does the box call pocket have a sleeve to keep the paddle separate/quiet?

Long story short no it does not have a sleeve to separate the lid and the box. This was a feature that was tossed around but ultimately did not make the cut. Its fully padded and elastic on the ends to hold the call in place.

Drew