OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Red Dot Shake Awake Feature?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
Red Dot Shake Awake Feature?
« on: January 20, 2021, 06:50:09 AM »
Has anyone used a red dot sight that has the SHAKE AWAKE feature? If so how much movement does it take to keep the sight on? I just recently purchased a SwampFox Justice, I believe that is the model, and knew it had the feature but really didn't realize that you couldn't run the optic on the on position without the feature, meaning if it is turned on it will always be in that mode. I am concerned that sitting for a while waiting on Ol Long Beard to arrive that it may turn off. Curious to how much movement it takes to activate?

Thanks
RidgeRooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Red Dot Shake Awake Feature?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »
Wow, never knew this technology existed. Curious to see the feedback on this.....be safe
“Solo hunter”

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 08:12:44 AM »
I don’t have any experience with the Swampfox sights. I own 2 Holosun sights with the feature but you can change it to manually turn on and off if you want. I will tell you that when it is in that mode it takes very little movement to turn it on.

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 11:25:22 AM »
I almost bought the Holosun but I chose the Swampfox. Do you think that just the slight movement of
breathing heavy would keep sight on? I would have probably not bought the Swampfox if I had known that it couldn't be turned off. Maybe it will turn out to be a non issue??

Thanks
Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline g8rvet

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »
I have the Holosun on my AR.  I have set it down and let it sit at the range, picked it up at my house slowly, etc.  I have no idea how little it takes to turn it on because even when I have deliberately tried to move very easily, it is always on when I put it to my shoulder.  The only time I saw it off was I bent down and looked at it in my gun case.  I don't believe it takes much movement at all.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 10:49:56 PM »
 Policemen commonly use the romeo 5 that has that feature. I like it. Long battery life and very minimal movement to turn it on. If we can trust our life to that technology, i certainly trust it for a turkey gun.

Offline fmf

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 09:55:17 AM »
it can be very sensitive.  if i set my gun on a couch across the room where i can watch when the dot turns off, about half the time just walking across the floor turns it back on. my house isn’t on a slab, just for reference

Offline old frank

• Georgia
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 09:37:27 PM »
Swampfox also has an awesome discount for Veterans and First responders. Once you are verified they apply it to every purchase.
I have shake awakes on several different rifles and pistols and you almost can't be still enough not to turn it on.