turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Indiana Public Draw Hunts

Started by Carolinacrazy25, January 14, 2021, 08:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolinacrazy25

Good evening all. I am looking for information of which draw hunts I should put in for in Indiana. It is my first time hunting Indiana as I recently moved to Kentucky due to the military. I live in the Louisville area so I want to try to keep it under 3 hrs from there. Any help is appreciated

Dtrkyman

Not much I can tell you about draw hunts, but Indy has birds, I have hunted sate land there and getting on birds is not an issue!

Parrot Head

My self I would put in one of two Muscatatuck NWR in Seymour or Big Oaks in Madison.   Thing about Big Oaks is you can not scout, only go in when your hunting.    You also have to call in to reserve you section and if you never been there before its tough.  I live right by Muscatatuck and there a lot of birds in there.   I run in there a lot.   Let me know if you have any questions

Carolinacrazy25

That's awesome. I'm thinking about putting in for Crosley WFA due to have campgrounds close by and a good amount of acreage. If I don't get drawn I'm gonna try and hunt Hoosier NF

Parrot Head

Crosley is a good area too in a good county.   20 minutes from my house.  You will be close to town for food and supplies.

tysonhunter

Often times the draw hunts only allow hunting until noon so pick a area next to plenty of public so you can hunt evenings outside the draw hunt!!!