OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Greenleaf

Started by Brs2427, January 23, 2021, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brs2427

Brian Fahs

I take it you have not priced vintage greenleaf remington lately......it's only gonna get worse.

rakkin6

Quote from: Brian Fahs on January 23, 2021, 08:16:14 PM
I take it you have not priced vintage greenleaf remington lately......it's only gonna get worse.
Or better for the seller lol. No way I am paying extra for a camo pattern.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

Someone has a pocket full of money..omg ... good luck to the bids ...

rakkin6

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 23, 2021, 09:07:00 PM
Someone has a pocket full of money..omg ... good luck to the bids ...
True, I mean one individual did pay to buy out Malzahns $21,000,000 from Auburn sooooo.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tom007

These old Rem'is in Greenleaf and bottomland probably will command high pricing for a while due to Remington's bankruptcy. The hope of them bringing these back is pretty much gone. The new Greenleaf and bottomland dips are not exactly like the originals. They do look great though. It's a shame what happened to Remington. I have noticed there are less and less of these guns popping up for sale, thus they are getting big bucks for them. Be safe,
"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

Years ago I worked in a shop, we got a used 1100 in green leaf turkey gun. I have no idea what we were asking for it but we couldn't give that thing away.

I think Remington's were clumsy heavy rubbish, but I should have bought that junker and could have made a mint, lol  I doubt we had more than 200 in it!

Funny thing is I did not care for the finish, but now I love me some greenleaf!     

Turkeytider

Quote from: Dtrkyman on January 24, 2021, 09:37:02 AM
Years ago I worked in a shop, we got a used 1100 in green leaf turkey gun. I have no idea what we were asking for it but we couldn't give that thing away.

I think Remington's were clumsy heavy rubbish, but I should have bought that junker and could have made a mint, lol  I doubt we had more than 200 in it!

Well, when you talk about " rubbish" and turkey guns, I'd hazard a guess that that " rubbish " and the Mossberg 835 Ultimag down through the years have stacked up more gobblers than everything else combined. The 870 and the 835 are true classic turkey guns, and the green leaf and bottom land are classics of the classics.

Tom Threetoes

Good thing I only have six 870s, I'd hate to think I had a safe full of rubbish!!!

Tom007

Quote from: Turkeytider on January 24, 2021, 09:52:03 AM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on January 24, 2021, 09:37:02 AM

Well, when you talk about " rubbish" and turkey guns, I'd hazard a guess that that " rubbish " and the Mossberg 835 Ultimag down through the years have stacked up more gobblers than everything else combined. The 870 and the 835 are true classic turkey guns, and the green leaf and bottom land are classics of the classics.

Amen my brother, they are built like tanks, and hit like howitzers...... true classics on both ends....
"Solo hunter"

ShootingABN!

LOL So many old Remingtons out there. Good luck.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: Brs2427 on January 23, 2021, 08:10:42 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889645438

This 870 is almost at 1500 dollars on gun broker

Looks mint. Will probably go for a lot more. Reminds me of the good old days...
Thanks for sharing.