turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 870 Best Chokes?

Started by NightHawk24, January 27, 2021, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

Just picked up these 2 870 20ga's today. 26" and 21" compact model. I was wondering what chokes you guys would recommend? And would the best chokes vary between both due to the length of the barrel? I plan on running the Federal TSS 9's. Thanks in advance.

Gmed

Choke will vary by the loads you opt to shoot. If you use TSS #9, I got the best patterns with a Sumtoy .562, a Jebs .565 or Jebs .570. Not a lot of difference between them and I would not hesitate to use any of the three. This was in the 21" compact barrel such as yours. I would by all means try them in your longer barrels as well. I have a 26" barrel Franchi and use the same constriction in the chokes for it as the little 870. I got the best patterns, by a small margin using the .565 Jebs in the Remington and the .562 Sumtoy in the Franchi. These chokes shoot the magblends or #6 Longbeards pretty well also. I kept a .570 Jebs for the Remington and a .565 for the Franchi as backups....

There is a .555 Indian Creek on the 20 gauge choke for sale area. Many people on here have good luck with that combo on here....

NightHawk24

Quote from: Gmed on January 27, 2021, 07:43:33 PM
Choke will vary by the loads you opt to shoot. If you use TSS #9, I got the best patterns with a Sumtoy .562, a Jebs .565 or Jebs .570. Not a lot of difference between them and I would not hesitate to use any of the three. This was in the 21" compact barrel such as yours. I would by all means try them in your longer barrels as well. I have a 26" barrel Franchi and use the same constriction in the chokes for it as the little 870. I got the best patterns, by a small margin using the .565 Jebs in the Remington and the .562 Sumtoy in the Franchi. These chokes shoot the magblends or #6 Longbeards pretty well also. I kept a .570 Jebs for the Remington and a .565 for the Franchi as backups....

There is a .555 Indian Creek on the 20 gauge choke for sale area. Many people on here have good luck with that combo on here....

Yeah, I plan on shooting the Federal's but forget to mention that. Thanks for the response though! I'll for sure check out the Jebs.

Gmed

kyturkeyhunter4

I've got a Remington 21 inch barrel compact and the Indian Creek .562 works well with it  with the Federal TSS 9 shot