OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mouth Calls  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
Re: Mouth Calls
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 09:51:47 AM »
Anyone here tried Shane Simpson's Prodigy Series mouth calls?
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline btomlin

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2021, 10:57:00 AM »
I'm going to be watching this....I have been "babying" a couple of MAD calls that I have used for YEARS.  I just haven't found a replacement that I have as much confidence in as my V-cut(poison) and ShippWreck.  I've had them forever and they only leave the refrigerator long enough for ea. hunt and then are returned.  I probably need to expand into a few of the newer cuts as well....had to google what a "ghost cut" was.  LOL

Offline strut2

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 10:50:47 AM »
Big fan of Honey Hole Game Calls.

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
I've used a bunch of really good calls over the years.....Zink, Woodhaven, Gooserbat, Hook, Legacy all come to mind as some of my favorite call makers.
I recently was invited to try some calls from a local small company here in Pennsylvania. The gave me a bunch of different combination cuts and said go kills some birds with them and report back.
Feathermoon Outdoors is making mouth calls and custom pot calls that rank right up there with the best I've ever used for a very reasonable price. They will document your preferred materials and stretch and perfectly match another calls for consistency.
Give them a try.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 04:23:09 PM »
Well I'm finally tired of buying mouth calls for this year.  I purchased from Gooserbat(again), Sadler McGraw(again), Hooks (again), Del Crow (1st time), Dave Owens (1st time) and I picked up a couple of Denny Gulvas Master's choice calls.  Turkeyjak hooked me up with a nice grab bag that run well.  I ride around and run each call for 15 - 20 minutes and I'm settling on some for different applications.  Some (very few) I just can't run that well, for me anyway.  All the call makers were awesome to deal with!  Now if I could just get one piece strikers off my mind I'd be set...
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »
Delcrow, halloran, houndstooth all are 3 Reed batwing options thats what I run best. Hooks executioner 2 is pretty good as well

I'd like the try Dave Owens batwing haven't tinkered with any new mouth calls in 2 or 3 years just buy extra of the main ones I'm running

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Jbird22

• Longbeard
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »
I've built my own for a few years now. When I bought em, I liked Hooks, Houndstooth, and Legacy.

Offline Turkeyjak

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2021, 05:40:11 PM »
Im glad they run for you Meleagris gallopavo i been making them for long time after throwing hundreds away I finally got the tone i wanted different from everyone else. Not all mouth calls are going to run for everyone & everyone is going to make them sound different that actually is a good thing. I also have plastic pot calls that are really sweet did not want the high pitch just wanted the pure hen sound worked hard and long time to find the right glue but pretty amazing for a plastic pot for sure. I just usually sell local that keeps me busy just a hobby i take seriously since 1984. Just in my area in PA last year my calls killed 9 longbeards with 3 misses. But if anybody is looking for some different calls look me up. I go by Last Dance Turkey Calls. Thanks

Offline Fallturkey86

• Kee kee yawk yawk
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2021, 05:49:29 PM »
XT Outdoors