OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Prayers needed

Started by Beretta686, May 20, 2011, 11:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

My daughters best friends father was involved in a very serious automobile accident yesterday. My daughters name is Jessica and so is her best friend so we call her JDale. Jdales dad was driving to work in his truck when a drunk driver attempted to pass several cars at a high rate of speed. A state trooper was in persuit. When he cut back in traffic to miss a head on collision he clipped the back of the truck and sent JDale's dad spinning into oncoming traffic. He was hit head on by a van.

The injuries he sustained are; fractured L2, fractured C4, bleeding on the brain, the gear shift went through his neck and out through cheek.

It is a blessing he is still here with us, he has feeling in his legs and can squeeze his hand. He is still Unconscious , but she says they know he can hear.

JDale spent the night last night with my family. She was physically and emotionally drained. I just gave her a hug and told her to remember we aren't in control, there is a reason for everything. We may not know right now, but we will know soon. There are too many positive things that happened in a bad situation.

He is in surgery now having a halo attached to keep his neck stable.

The girls graduate Monday and had a fun summer planned before going to college.She is upset that her dad won't be there Monday. I told her that I'm almost positive the graduation will be broadcasted over the internet for family members to watch who are in the military oversees and can not attend.I told her we can set up a lap top for him to watch Monday.

Please pray for Robert Dale and his family.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

keyser12ga

guesswho

Thats terrible.  Prayers sent for Robert Dale, his family and friends.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BOFF

Sorry to read.

Prayers will be said.

Is this gentleman's name also Barry?

God Bless,
David B.

Beretta686

Quote from: BOFF on May 20, 2011, 12:21:54 PM
Sorry to read.

Prayers will be said.

Is this gentleman's name also Barry?

God Bless,
David B.

I'm don't know, I just know him as Rob or Robert.

my daughter just sent me a text and said he is stable and doing better, but still touch and go

Hognutz

Prayers said and sent from Wi. May God bless him with a complete recovery..Mike :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Roost Wrecker

Such a horrible accident. Prayers sent

Duke0002

Praying for Mr. Dale's recovery, and his family's comfort and strength.   :jesus-cross:

Roostem33

My prayers are with him and his family!! :cross2:
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

God's healing hand is in the works, definately praying for his recovery and the girl's spirits to be lifted up and the family's strength...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Beretta686

God is good and in control. Yesterday evening it was touch and go, he did not tespond to pain stimuli, his blood pressure dropped to 50, and was bleeding on the brain. They were not able to put the halo on yesterday because of his blood pressure issue.

This afternoon JDale told me his blood pressure was where the Dr wanted it, the bleeding stopped, and he opened his eyes when they were taking him for a ct scan.

He is stable, but still touch and go.

The Lord is amazing, so many things are happening that are amazing Dr's.

Thanks for your prayers

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TheTwistedOne

Prayers sent!

Your daughter's friend's family is right.  Treat him like he can hear you.

Familiar voices give you something to latch onto when you're in a coma.  I was the one in the coma eight years ago.  Best advise I can give a family is talk to that person!

Beretta686

Things are going very slow. He is still in a drug enduced coma and have not been able to put him in a halo. Monday he had a fever, but his temp is back to normal.

Graduation was tough for JDale and WSFA channel 12 news was there to interview her about graduating and her father in ICU and another classmate who was murdered in December.  She's a strong girl. She posted a picture on her face book page titled "Daddy I did it" it is a picture of her in her cap and gown kissing her father on his cheek in ICU with all the machines and tubes hooked up. I think everyone who has seen it has cried.

It is going to be a long recovery. He's still not out of the woods yet, but making small gains each day. Please continue to pray.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/Category.asp?C=195969&clipId=5881352&topVideoCatNo=93080&autoStart=true

Thanks everyone

BOFF

Thanks for the updates.
Prayers continue for Robert, and the family.

God Bless,
David B.

lightsoutcalls

My oldest daughter graduates tonight.  I can't imagine...

God I pray that You would keep your hand on Robert and his family.  I pray that You would guide and direct the hands and the decisions of the doctors and treatment teams that are involved in his care.  I pray for strength and comfort for his family and for his daughter.  I pray that you would strengthen Robert and bring about miraculous healing and recovery.  I ask each of these things in the mighty name of Your Son Jesus.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!