OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2020, a Spring to remember.

Started by derek, January 02, 2021, 03:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borat

Quote from: derek on February 03, 2021, 10:05:56 AM
Quote from: JeffC on February 03, 2021, 08:25:22 AM
Great video Bonce, Derek you have some catching up to do, looking foreword to the rest of your video's. My guess was 7 days....where's my shirt?? Will buy a shirt or 2 from you if money goes towards remote mikes, get hollered at every time, crank up sound to hear whisper or distant gobble then you start cuttin on mouth call. Good luck this season, what direction are you both heading?

Shew, after the last season Bonce had I can't even pretend to catch up!  7 days was correct. 3 in 2019, killed on 4th in 2020, but the draw was done last night!  Think we're going to have another one coming soon ;)

This video was one of the few where Bonce did run a remote mic.  They would help for the whisper stuff for sure.. not so much with the distant gobbles. We've been looking at some different options though. 

For 2021 I'm starting back in Mississippi, Bonce in South Florida..  From there it depends on a lot, still waiting on some draw results and time off approvals, how things are going, etc.  It's gonna be fun either way.

Good luck guys, I'm sure it will be a good one for you as always.  I've enjoyed seeing you forge your path.

turkeygod4

Great SD video derek. Those Merriam gobbles give me chills. Sounded like you found a honey hole, hope I can stumble into them like you when I'm up there this spring.

derek

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

quavers59

Spring 2020 was definitely  one to remember! It took me 12 Days to call 2 Longbeards in for a Female Friend. Her first 2 Longbeards! I gave her my Best early days in May.

Gobble!

Enjoy your videos and need to catch up.

derek

This was a fun one.  Wyoming.  These birds were so far off, I didn't think I had a chance.  To the point I spent half the time working them asleep.  Quite the wake up call!

https://youtu.be/IPeMjSqXzoc

www.thebaysidelegion.com

JeffC

Great video, beautiful Tom. After all the encounters with big cats you both have had, don't think I would be able to fall asleep , especially after calling. Spent time in Montana "Gods Country", agree with you, beautiful country out there. Stay safe and look forward to next video. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

derek

Quote from: JeffC on February 07, 2021, 06:25:45 AM
Great video, beautiful Tom. After all the encounters with big cats you both have had, don't think I would be able to fall asleep , especially after calling. Spent time in Montana "Gods Country", agree with you, beautiful country out there. Stay safe and look forward to next video.

The afternoon I got to WY I climbed up to this ridge that wasn't much wider than a deer trail and steep drop offs on each side... all you could smell was cat piss!  Felt like I was being watched the entire time! 

www.thebaysidelegion.com

derek

A couple hours later from that Wyoming bird, Bonce was in the heat of things in Californ-I-A

https://youtu.be/RLUwINac5UI

www.thebaysidelegion.com

JeffC

Another great video. Would like to know if Bonce has any idea of the mileage he put on truck last year? Maybe update your maps with shaded states you both have hit and not killed a Tom in and need to go back? Think that's why your headed back to Miss. ? Thought Bonce had a Osceola ?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

derek

Quote from: JeffC on February 09, 2021, 11:54:42 AM
Another great video. Would like to know if Bonce has any idea of the mileage he put on truck last year? Maybe update your maps with shaded states you both have hit and not killed a Tom in and need to go back? Think that's why your headed back to Miss. ? Thought Bonce had a Osceola ?

Bonce was just shy of 24k.  Not a bad idea on the maps.  Mississippi is a revisit state for me.  And yes he has a handful now.. just a good place to start the season, and he's hit all the other "early" states just about.

www.thebaysidelegion.com

derek

Montana! Big sky country! Does it get much better?  Sorry for the video quality.. he wasn't waiting for good light!

Another giveaway on this one if y'all want to check our Instagram or Facebook

https://youtu.be/GOt4u14s8oQ

www.thebaysidelegion.com