Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Burris Fast Fire 3 with Speed Bead on 870 sighting issue need advice

Started by dimecovers3, January 01, 2021, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimecovers3

I mounted a Fast Fire using a SpeedBead on a 26" camo 3" 870 that had been my duck gun.  I can see the entire barrel and the mid and front beads with the red dot just above the front bead when sighted.  I DO NOT LIKE IT!  It's very confusing looking and I wonder am I seeing the whole barrel because the Speedbead mounts even lower than if you drilled and tapped the receiver or would you still see the metal sights too?  If I would still see the metal sights and barrel with the FastFire 3 is there a similar red dot with just enough magnification that you see nothing?

Also  what was the shotgun that would get 3" Federal Tungsten jammed because the shell came from the factory a bit too long causing ejection problems?

I want to take this sight off my duck gun a get a dedicated 20 gauge for turkey with a 24",  but would like to see nothing but a red dot out in space when I aim if that's possible

USMC0331

I have never used that Burris sight. I bought a rib mount so that I would not see barrel. Sumtoy makes a excellent low receiver mount as well . Not real sure if there is anything you can do with current set up but hopefully you are able to get it to your satisfaction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dimecovers3

That rib mount has a better a cleaner view in my opinion.  So just so I understand this.............everyone that mounts a FastFire to the receiver sees the barrel?  And nobody makes a similar sight with just enough magnification to get you out past the front bead and see a clear picture?  Why not?

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

mr perfect

I think i understand what you are saying i put black tape over my front sight so i cannot see it . I use a burris ff3

BINK McCARTY

Take the front bead off. The situation you were askin about is some of the Federal 3" 20ga. TSS loads would get hung upon ejection because they are a  touch too long ,and the shotguns were the Franchi Affinity 3 and the Benelli M2. My Stoeger M3020 hasn't had any of those problems and I hope it doesn't.