OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Allen Gear Fit Pursuit Shocker 52" Mossy Oak Obsession Turkey Shotgun Case  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Review of the Allen Gear Fit Pursuit Shocker 52" Mossy Oak Obsession Turkey Shotgun Case

I bought this case because I have been in a few car accidents and I do not have the greatest balance so I carry my gun to my blind in the case. I liked that I would be able to bring extra calls with me each morning as I headed out and also extra strikers. Well unfortunately the strikers as you can see by my picture do not fit. I own close to 100 strikers (Yea I am that guy) I  thought if I really worked at it I could get the striker pouches to close on the bottom two (Though I am sure the strikers would fall out as they barely closed) but the top one is completely useless, all three are made way to short and way to narrow for any striker I have ever seen. Another complaint is that the case is not camouflaged all the way around, the back side is an olive drab color as seen in my pictures.

I have to say that I did like all the pockets that this has but the one big mistake they made is a really major one in my mind, they used Velcro on a few of the pockets. Imagine trying to get a call out without a turkey hearing that and busting you, forget about it! There is also Velcro on the back pocket that is designed to hold extra choke tubes (I used them to carry extra shells putting two shells in each loop) and is unnecessary as there is already a plastic buckle and a zipper so no need for the turkey scaring Velcro.

On the pocket that holds the shortbox/box call there is yet again more turkey scaring Velcro, a buckle would have been much better or even a zipper that opened carefully would not make nearly as much noise as the turkey scaring Velcro.

All that said the case is well padded, I do carry a scoped shotgun and there was plenty of room in the case and I do feel that the scope had sufficient padding to protect it. 

The one place they used Velcro that I agree with is on the removeable measuring tape, very nice to use to see how long the spurs and beard are after you have taken your turkey.

This is a case with many good ideas with poor execution. By the way if you happen to have already bought the case and are thinking of buying the matching sling or are just thinking of getting the sling don't, it is rather noisy, both where it attaches to the gun and the material on the back/inside of the sling are noisy and I had to remove it when I got to where I was going the few times I did go in without the case.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
Re: Allen Gear Fit Pursuit Shocker 52" Mossy Oak Obsession Turkey Shotgun Case
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:49:39 PM »
I looked at one of these cases.  I thought it had a lot of unnecessary additions that I personally don't need. Glad I passed after your evaluation.  Thanks for the information.  I only need a case to protect my firearm while transporting it to and from the field.  Great honest review.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:34:14 AM »
Good review, Thanks!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
I looked at one of these cases.  I thought it had a lot of unnecessary additions that I personally don't need. Glad I passed after your evaluation.  Thanks for the information.  I only need a case to protect my firearm while transporting it to and from the field.  Great honest review.
You're quite welcome. If my balance were not an issue I would not use a case to carry the gun in at all. I do like that I can bring in a few extra calls and ammo though.

Good review, Thanks!
Thanks and you're welcome.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."