OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Choke questions  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Shady valley birds

• The drummin is deafening
Choke questions
« on: December 29, 2020, 11:55:44 PM »
Hey guys I'm on the market for a new choke this season.  Iv used a .660 jellyhead max the last few years and its been a good one, but it don't shoot the tss the way i think it should.  So with that said what choke is best for shooting those #9tss? I shoot invector chokes btw. Thanks guys
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Choke questions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 01:04:18 PM »
Might have to open the choke up some with the TSS. Rob Roberts Custom Gun Works recommends their .675 in their Final Strut choke for TSS loads. I just got a Rob Roberts choke and am loving it. That said I’ve always shot Sumtoy and Indian Creek. I’d pick what choke you want to try then email them and ask what constriction they recommend for the gun and load you’re shooting. They know how their chokes pattern and that’ll keep a lot of the guesswork out of it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reverend434

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
I use a Pure Gold choke in .670 for my Benelli.

Makes a nice, dense pattern with TSS.

Offline Shady valley birds

• The drummin is deafening
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:09:34 AM »
Thanks fellers iv heard to open it up with tss and iv wanted to check out a sumtoy choke for a while i may pick one up here soon. Thanks again!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.