turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Friday 5/20/2011 "March On!!!"

Started by BOFF, May 19, 2011, 11:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Are you tired, weary, and just worn out? Has your physical aches and pains transformed themselves into your emotional, mental, and spiritual sides as well? It's easy to have this happen, even with simple sickness or persistent allergies. Feelings of depression, hopelessness, anger, negativity, and pessimism often set in as well.

Though our feelings are real, and often justified, sometimes we need to be reminded to press forward, and to take our eyes off of ourselves, and focus on our Lord and Savior Jesus. For at an hour unknown to us, all our hurts, pains, trials, and tribulations, will be of nothing, as the victory has already been won!!!

1 Peter 1:3-6 (The Message)

A New Life

3-5What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we've been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven—and the future starts now! God is keeping careful watch over us and the future. The Day is coming when you'll have it all—life healed and whole.
6-7I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory.

Father God, thank you for your salvation, and victory already won for me, and all those who know you as their personal Savior. Forgive me of my complaining, negativity, and selfishness this week. Heal me, and help me to be healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I thank you for my brothers and sisters, and ask for you to touch each one of them, meeting their individual needs. Help us to focus on you, and march on, even when we are tired, and run down. We praise you and thank you for your word, which reminds us of our brand new life, and your promise of a life healed, and whole.

Thank you Father, Thank you!! For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mmims

Roost Wrecker

Thanks for the delievering this message David.

Duke0002

pappy

David, I believe this is one of the greatest obstacles we face, the Worn Out syndrome....has taken a lot of people to the dark side, in spirit and body and have caused them to look at their suffering instead of realizing the great and authorative power of Jesus Christ!!!
Great devotional...Jack
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206