OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Diaphragm calls

Started by 5arraquiver, December 13, 2020, 10:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

The best solution to find that perfect mouth call is to buy about fifty of assorted brands.  You will probably find at least one that suits you.  When that one wears out in a couple of years, buy another fifty and go through the process again! 

Of course, I am kidding,.....but then again, maybe not...   ;D :toothy12: :angel9:

ElkTurkMan

Another vote for Hooks, I have tried several different diaphragm calls over the years and hooks are my favorite.

Meleagris gallopavo

I have used Perrytrails, Gooserbat, Sadler McGraw and Hooks calls.  I'm gonna try Denny Gulvas Master's Choice this year along with a Del Crow call or 2 if I can get them.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Gobble!

Dave Owens (Pinhoti Project) are my latest favorite. Great quality control in the ~10 I've bought.

ChesterCopperpot

Cane Creek makes a fine mouth call. Personally like the M16 Tuff Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Before a friend started making mine I preferred woodhaven.

HILBY72

turkeygod4

I switched to Houndstooth a few years ago and love them. The KB hen, Double Bat Wing 3 and the "Ace" are my favorites.

tracker#1

Just picked up some Sadler McGraw mouth calls, his batwing, and judge and jury ghost cut. I like the high pitched Kee Kee I can get out of the ghost cut. These calls are easy to run for me since I'm just learning mouth calls. He is excellent to deal with and his calls won't break the bank either...

ShootingABN!

You can order Hooks from Shane Simpson @ www.callingallturkeys.com  give them a try.

5arraquiver

Thanks for all the great advice! I have ordered a few from hooks and perrytrails. Also bought a few from woodhaven that I'd been looking at for a while. Several others call makers I'd like to try but I've blown my budget already lol. 
Questions? Answer: Jesus