OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ok. NE. KS trespass fee hunts  (Read 2568 times)

Offline flockbuster

Ok. NE. KS trespass fee hunts
« on: December 13, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »
A buddy and I are heading to Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska the last week of April and the first week of May. Our plans are to take the pop-up camper and and hunt public and walk in areas but if anybody knows of any farms/ranches that would be willing to let us hunt for a trespass fee I would certainly appreciate it. I don't mind knocking on doors but it would be nice to have some contacts before getting there. Thank you. Wes

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: Ok. NE. KS trespass fee hunts
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:40:39 AM »
Great topic and idea for discussion, not only in this thread, but in the general forum section, as well.  I can't help you out, but I have been in exactly the same spot you are (as have many of us),...that is, being willing to pay a private landowner a reasonable access fee to hunt, but not knowing how to make that contact when making a short, out-of-state hunt.

For the young, tech-savvy entrepreneurs out there: set up a website (like BNB, Uber, and such) that puts willing landowners in touch with hunters that are willing to pay an access fee to hunt their property.  (If I wasn't old and retired, I would seriously consider doing this myself!)

Offline nativeks

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »
Great topic and idea for discussion, not only in this thread, but in the general forum section, as well.  I can't help you out, but I have been in exactly the same spot you are (as have many of us),...that is, being willing to pay a private landowner a reasonable access fee to hunt, but not knowing how to make that contact when making a short, out-of-state hunt.

For the young, tech-savvy entrepreneurs out there: set up a website (like BNB, Uber, and such) that puts willing landowners in touch with hunters that are willing to pay an access fee to hunt their property.  (If I wasn't old and retired, I would seriously consider doing this myself!)
That website already exists. Heck there is a ranch south of us people rent for deer season by the week.

There are KS lease facebook pages out there that posting on may generate some leads. KS hunting will be slow next year, but if you move around you should find birds. Remember only one management unit allows 2 birds here.

Offline flockbuster

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:25:15 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll get on my wife's facebook and give it a look. Thank you