OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Recoil Question wrt 20 Gauge Pump vs Semi-auto  (Read 3870 times)

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Recoil Question wrt 20 Gauge Pump vs Semi-auto
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 10:16:27 PM »
My daughter felt that the pistol grip made it easier to shoot her 870. I also put a LimbSaver slip pad on it, that made it much better.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline Oreegun

• Derek Yost
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 11:40:37 AM »
The Beretta is one of the lightest low recoil gas guns made now.  This is coming from a Benelli owner.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 01:09:18 AM »
clark at all about guns on this site used to sell a recoil pad called a Shooters Friend. My understanding was it was designed by an orthopedic doctor and provided unbelievable comfort and recoil reduction. May be able to find one and shoot any 20 gauge you like. Just research and ask around.

Offline BandedSpur

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »
I have one. They are unbelievably effective. Only downside is that they are heavy - about 6 oz. I use one when patterning but don't won't to lug it around while hunting. It will definitely alter the balance of your shotgun, which might be a good thing if your gun is nose heavy.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »
My SX3 shoots 3" turkey loads (20 gauge) like light field loads.  Definitely a soft shooting gun.  I'm sure the SX4 would be too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline badwolf

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 06:25:39 AM »
Went looking for a low recoil turkey gun 2 yrs ago due to neck and back injuries.  Winchester sx3 20 ga was suggested due to gas operated and weight  around 7 lbs. It's very soft shooting and the safety is easy to switch for left hand if you ever go back to lefty. 2 3/4" fed #7 or the new tss is all you need