OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trumpet needed  (Read 2851 times)

Offline DBuck90

Trumpet needed
« on: December 12, 2020, 02:52:20 AM »
I am wanting to get a new trumpet call but I have no idea where to start
I know some of the big names like Prudhomme, Farmer and Cox are probably not feasible
Any other highly respected trumpet call makers that can be easily contacted and order a call from ?

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Trumpet needed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
Check out Brandon Martin from Alabama on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 07:52:59 AM »
You should definitely call up Frank and get on his list for a trumpet if you're interested at all. It won't be something you regret.

Plenty of guys to get something to play on in the meantime while you wait though. I'd recommend trying to get one of Clay Townsend's.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 08:13:08 AM »
Austy Bott, Anthony Ellis, Billy McCallister, Clay Townsend, Lee Bowles, Ralph Permar....just to name a few that all run just as good as those mentioned.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=382615026376436&id=100038838248718
If you're a member .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »
Austy Bott, Anthony Ellis, Billy McCallister, Clay Townsend, Lee Bowles, Ralph Permar....just to name a few that all run just as good as those mentioned.

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 10:34:59 AM »
Mr. Billy Buice (wait but not bad), Kenny Pedelahore (wait unless you find it one on secondary market), Ralph Permar.
Those are all great calls for beginners to seasoned guys. I am am still in the honeymoon phase.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »
Call up billy buice and get an Osage trumpet. He used to have some on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Boykin Hollow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 12:27:32 PM »
I agree with what all is listed before I add my two cents in.  Billy Buice is the god father of the trumpet calls but you can also get in touch with Lewis Stowe and Greg Gwaltney.  These are easy to run and will not break the bank either. 

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 01:16:32 PM »
Some that I really like in no particular order but are all great in my book. It’s a long list!!
Daryl Slaton, Charlie Trotter, Ernie Fetters,Clay Townsend, Jeff Erb, Daryl Goesy( north carolina bowjunkie on here)Lewis Stowe, Ralph Permar ,Greg Gwaltney, Natural addiction,I know I am missing some and I always feel bad when I leave some guys out. All of these guys will build you a quality call that will kill turkeys for you year after year. Don’t be afraid to get some wingbones either they are turkey killers also!!!! Ezolt, Sharpe, Steve Finney, Jeff Erb, Bent Creek Wingbones are a few that I have and hunt .

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 09:26:18 PM »
Ralph Permar has a few on the site right now that you can buy with no wait time. His calls stand up against any ones. If you don’t mind waiting a bit, Anthony Ellis’ sure are easy to run.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Trumpet needed
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 09:33:13 PM »
Here’s what’s on Ralph’s site right now. The Delrin classic is a super nice call for what it is, but he’s got the classic, a .45, and a 1930s style currently available and ready to go. Personally I’d get the 1930s trumpet. But if I was just getting into suction calls I’d buy one of those improved
Jordan yelpers. $60 and that’s what I wind up carrying more than any other suction call I own.

http://permarturkeycalls.com/for-sale/

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2020, 03:30:25 AM »
Ralph Permar has a few on the site right now that you can buy with no wait time. His calls stand up against any ones. If you don’t mind waiting a bit, Anthony Ellis’ sure are easy to run.

thank you