turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity Compact or Stoeger M3020

Started by RollTideHunt85, November 11, 2020, 12:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTideHunt85

I am interested in purchasing a 20 gauge that is lightweight to run and gun with for next turkey season.  I am debating between the franchi affinity compact or the stoeger M3020. Any suggestions or reviews on either?

Curtdawg88

I have the 12ga Stoeger semi auto 3.5". Compared to other similar guns it seems heavy. I have no experience with the 20ga. Might check the weights to see how they compare.

I have Remington 870 20ga compact. Lightweight and great patterns. Don't know if that's something you might consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

bluetick58

love my stoeger 3020 only thing better would be 22" barrel

Gmed

The Affinity is already drilled and tapped if you plan on running a red dot. I have one with a 26" barrel and it's certainly light weight. I shoot the Federal 3" TSS #9s through it. After testing a .562 Sumtoy, .565 Jebs, .570 Indian Creek, .570 Jebs, I settled on a .575 Jebs. Getting 290 in the 10" at 40 and even hunting pattern. I have any of the formentioned chokes except the .575 I am going to use for sale if interested. If you are using a shorter barrel, a little more constriction than the .575 may suit you better....

Turkeyfever

I have the Stoeger m3020 turkey hunting edition item 31871. The gun has a 24 inch barrel is drilled and tapped and weighs only 5.5 pounds. The gun patterns well with a Carlson 575 turkey choke and Federal TSS #9.

Remington700

I purchased 2 Franchi Affinity 3 compacts at the end of last season. One for me and one for my daughter. They are nice guns. I just ordered us some choke tubes and TSS for Christmas. I do not think you can go wrong with the Franchi.

cpreeves

Quote from: Gmed on November 11, 2020, 10:42:25 PM
The Affinity is already drilled and tapped if you plan on running a red dot. I have one with a 26" barrel and it's certainly light weight. I shoot the Federal 3" TSS #9s through it. After testing a .562 Sumtoy, .565 Jebs, .570 Indian Creek, .570 Jebs, I settled on a .575 Jebs. Getting 290 in the 10" at 40 and even hunting pattern. I have any of the formentioned chokes except the .575 I am going to use for sale if interested. If you are using a shorter barrel, a little more constriction than the .575 may suit you better....
Do you still have these chokes? Just bought a franchi and I'm looking for a choke for it

Gmed

I have the .570 Indian Creek, and the .575 Jebs. Either one $65.00 to your door....

jjnfla

Quote from: Gmed on November 28, 2020, 06:46:34 PM
I have the .570 Indian Creek, and the .575 Jebs. Either one $65.00 to your door....
If the jebs is available ill take it pm me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BINK McCARTY

Seems like this turned into a classified section instead of what you asked about...Lol.
I have the M3020 with 26" bbl. I'll say this, if you're lookin to save a few bucks go with it! Mine runs consistently without jams or mis-feeds and patterns great! It seems to prefer the more open choke tubes  .570 + ,it patterns OK with constrictions below  .570 but just performs better with a more open choke. It doesn't have all the refined features as the Affinity but it's tough as nails and you won't go wrong with it.
Now, flip side of that coin...the compact Affinity has a 24" bbl and comes with shims should you want to get a longer LOP out of it and its gonna run & cycle just fine. My opinion  is get the Stoeger and use the money you save to buy ammo! BTW...the M3020 comes with an extended choke tube in  .569 that you are going to most definitely want to try out. Good luck brother!

surehuntsalot

I also have the Stoeger 3020 with a 26" barrel, the factory turkey choke that comes with the gun patterns pretty well with several loads.
Been using mine for several seasons now with no problems at all.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ericjames

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 08, 2021, 09:36:23 PM
I also have the Stoeger 3020 with a 26" barrel, the factory turkey choke that comes with the gun patterns pretty well with several loads.
Been using mine for several seasons now with no problems at all.

I have a 3020 also and I use the factory supplied turkey choke and it really throws nice hunting patterns.