OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Giving Up on 20 Gauge CVA Scout

Started by magnumgray, November 01, 2020, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnumgray

These are hard to come by ....they made a few in 2014 ..... I searched for two years and finally found one in a Texas pawn shop ... I love the gun and how it handles .... rifle trigger pull is great and it patterns well with the factory choke .... the problem is I miss having a backup shot .... in the spring I shot at a tom and never drew a feather ... I couldn't get a second shot .... I shot a sapling that was less than a foot from my muzzle.  This fall I missed again when a turkeys head moved quickly .... no time for a follow up shot with the single ...  so I'm going back to the o/u tristar

By the way I shot a fall bird with it last year .... stone dead not a quiver at 40 yds with Browning TSS...
I guess old guys are too slow to shoot single shots ....

I quess it goes to the next gun show ... and doesn't  follow me home

walk2slow

How about some pictures of the scout, if you still have it, I have only seen them on The American Way hunting show , on the Pursuit Channel,  there showing the one they use is black and has a
funny looking stock not thumb hole but looks lika a solid rib across the top part, the way they talk there back in production and taking turkeys with them. seems like a good gun for turkeys.
Walk2Slow

magnumgray

It has a new owner ..... but looks like a scout .... no thumbhole ..... they may have put a bergara barrel that used to be made on theirs .... there are still 12 gauge barrels around