OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Giving Up on 20 Gauge CVA Scout  (Read 2644 times)

Offline magnumgray

Giving Up on 20 Gauge CVA Scout
« on: November 01, 2020, 07:03:45 PM »
  These are hard to come by ....they made a few in 2014 ..... I searched for two years and finally found one in a Texas pawn shop ... I love the gun and how it handles .... rifle trigger pull is great and it patterns well with the factory choke .... the problem is I miss having a backup shot .... in the spring I shot at a tom and never drew a feather ... I couldn't get a second shot .... I shot a sapling that was less than a foot from my muzzle.  This fall I missed again when a turkeys head moved quickly .... no time for a follow up shot with the single ...  so I'm going back to the o/u tristar

By the way I shot a fall bird with it last year .... stone dead not a quiver at 40 yds with Browning TSS...
I guess old guys are too slow to shoot single shots ....

I quess it goes to the next gun show ... and doesn't  follow me home
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:29:14 PM by magnumgray »

Offline walk2slow

Re: Giving Up on 20 Gauge CVA Scout
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 11:25:40 PM »
How about some pictures of the scout, if you still have it, I have only seen them on The American Way hunting show , on the Pursuit Channel,  there showing the one they use is black and has a
funny looking stock not thumb hole but looks lika a solid rib across the top part, the way they talk there back in production and taking turkeys with them. seems like a good gun for turkeys.
Walk2Slow

Offline magnumgray

Re: Giving Up on 20 Gauge CVA Scout
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 03:41:55 PM »

It has a new owner ..... but looks like a scout .... no thumbhole ..... they may have put a bergara barrel that used to be made on theirs .... there are still 12 gauge barrels around