OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Weatherby Element 20 gauge  (Read 4606 times)

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
Weatherby Element 20 gauge
« on: June 29, 2020, 11:11:03 AM »
The somewhat abbreviated turkey season is over, and I'm bored.  Has anyone any experience setting up an Element for turkeys, ie. drill and tap, optics, choke tubes, patterns, etc.   I'm thinking about a Meadow Creek mount on the rib so I could remove for doves, ducks, upland birds.  Any and all info would be appreciated.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
Re: Weatherby Element 20 gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »
I would go to the patterns section on here. It is what I have used to setup all three of my guns and help a few buddies set there guns up.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »
I've set up a bunch of turkey guns and currently have 6 dedicated turkey guns, but interestingly info on the 20 gauge Weatherby Element is scarce.  I was talking w/ Customer Service at Weatherby last week and was told that the Element has been almost trouble free and that they have the fewest calls and problems w/ them of all their semi-autos.  I've had inertia action shotguns since 1990, when I bought the H&K marked and imported Benelli Super Black Eagle and although inertia action shotguns have a heavier recoil than gas guns, they are usually trouble free, which is part of my interest in the Element.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »
Yeah I know how you feel about little info. I am trying to look for some on the Savage 220 bolt gun. And I agree inertia driven is the way to go for reliability also a lot less carbon buildup if you do a lot of shooting. Learned this after carrying an M4 in the army for years. Finally bought an inertia driven M4 5.56 for personal use and was shocked how much cleaner it was compared to what I was used to.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:00:31 PM »
Randy Wakeman, whose observations and advice on firearms and ammunition are usually spot on, made the comment that the Weatherby SA-08, a gas gun, was a soft shooting, easy pointing and handling shotgun and that the Element was a great gun with heavier felt recoil, especially for folks who don't like to or don't clean their shotguns.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 02:07:04 PM »
Lol well I am OCD about cleaning my guns. Sure that is the Army coming out in me. But it is always nice when it is an easy cleaning job.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
Rakkin6, thank you for your service.  My late father taught me at an early age that you take good care of your things, especially those upon which you depend.  I am appalled by folks who don't properly clean their guns, knives, and other essentials, but then carp and moan when they fail or don't function properly.  By the lack of responses, I assume that no one is hunting with the Element or simply not sharing their experiences.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 06:49:36 PM »
Sorry wish I could help you brother. Best of luck finding your answers.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline jdub2041

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 06:52:15 PM »
Purchased 1 of these before dove season. I have 200 shots through it and no problems so far. Seems to be a good purchase so far