turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another update on my friend

Started by Beretta686, May 18, 2011, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

I went to Birmingham last week to visit him and was shocked when my friend and I got off the elivator and he was not there. He was transfered to another rehab place. The nurse thought back to Montgomery. I finally got up with his mother and they moved him to Talladega.

When I walked in his room tonight all I could say was brother you can run but you can't hide. We smiled, and shed some tears. He still has the feeding tube and traque in but looks good.

The guy I'm with is giving a little tough love with him trying to motivate him. Trying to give him some motivation to get ready for deer season. We are telling him we can get him in the woods again, but it is a long tough road.

Please keep Jim in your prayers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Beretta686

Well Jim finally made it to Montgomery. He is in a rehab hospital and has a long road to go. He still has the traqu and feeding tube. He is closer now and getting a ton of support from family and friends who could not seehim as much since he was 100 miles away for 5 1/2 months.

He now sees that I wasn't kidding that people did care and asked about him each week after I got back from Birmingham visiting with him. He even sees that folks are willing to design something to take him hunting this coming season, but he has to work hard to get to that point. I think he was discouraged and thought I was making stuff up.

Please keep him in your prayers. he has a long way to go, but it sure is nice for him to be back in Montgomery
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

BOFF

Great news to read.

I know the blessings of true friends, and how much it can go in the road of recovery.

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Glad to hear he's improving, and has great support  :jesus-cross: :jesus-cross: