OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Original broken and fixed  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Original broken and fixed
« on: October 04, 2020, 11:13:07 PM »
So I was trying to get ready to go somewhere and was already running behind but wanted to take the call along with me to practice, could not find something in the truck I was trying to find, I don't remember what it was now but I had set my wingbone in the cup holder, something very odd for me to do, I normally have them hanging from the mirror when I take them with me and inside of one of Glenda's trumpet cases, on this morning I did not hang it nor did I have it in a case. In my hurry I slammed down the lid to the center counsel and I heard something that instantly made my heart sink, it was my wingbone that Tony had made for me.

So I got a hold of Tony and told him of my very stupid actions and asked him if it could be repaired and he let me know it looked like it could but he could not tell until he had it in his hands. Some time went by and when he had the time to look at it he let me know and I sent it into him. It did not take him long to get it back to me and he let me know he did some tweaking on it in addition to the repairs and I am happy to say I got it back this week. I am also happy to say that the tweaking he did made it even easier to play than it had been in the first place. Any here are some pictures of before the break, the break and the repaired call. Thank you very much Tony, I really do me it when I say whatever you did seems to make it play even easier and I am grateful to you for doing the repairs, you truly are an artist.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Prohunter3509

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Original broken and fixed
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »
Wow glad he  could fi. It

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 12:55:53 PM »
I hope it's "Sir-diealot Proofed" for a while, lol!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 01:35:18 PM »
Wow glad he  could fi. It
So am I!

I hope it's "Sir-diealot Proofed" for a while, lol!
I would hope so, I found a case that will have a hard plastic tube in it to put this one in.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 04:19:22 AM »
That’s a great looking yelper from EZ. Glad he could fix it for you! His calls are awesome and very easy to run and those turkeys sure do like the sound of them.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:09:22 AM »
That’s a great looking yelper from EZ. Glad he could fix it for you! His calls are awesome and very easy to run and those turkeys sure do like the sound of them.
He makes them a whole lot better than I play them, that's for sure! I am going to be able to hunt my landlords kids property for Fall turkey I found out yesterday, I will only be able to go from the 15th until the 24th because trapping starts on the 25th and I will be going every day until the week before gun deer season starts then we pull traps until after that ends which is Nov. 21-Dec. 6 though we may wait until after late bow and muzzle loading which will end on Dec. 13 and then we will start to trap again until Feb. 15 when the season ends. I look forward to trying this one out on the turkey.

John Koenig:

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Nice save on a sweet looking yelper.