turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blackstone

Started by Bowguy, October 03, 2020, 04:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Hey guys idk if the man is ok or not but be careful. The first of the year I asked Dustin Jones to make me a call. I've got other calls from him. He's sometimes difficult but I'm sure he's busy. Anyhow I asked if he could get a call from me before season. He said yes.
Guess I never said which season. In May I text him asking if he forgot me. He said no and asked had I sent pay pal. Kinda figured he ought to know that but I sent it as per his request. Thought I'd be getting it within weeks I tried contacting him in July, August, Sept. Response only in July saying he was busy. Now maybe he shouldn't hold peoples money and get too busy. I know I wouldn't.
Anyhow being he wasn't answering I advised him I only had 180 days with pay pal would the call be here by than? Still no answer. I opened a I forget what you call it but it allowed me to ask him through there when item would ship. Still no answer so that precludes him having changed his number or something. I changed it to a claim. He never responds to pay pal. They refund me but be advised. I hope the man is ok. I actually like his calls but if he is ok that'd be awful poor business practice. Just an FYI

strut-n-rut

Yea hes always busy I've never had a problem with recieving anything from him. Hopefully a one time thing

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

sbbow

That's a bummer cause that don't sound like Dustin at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Yea well that's not true in some instances. Had a few guys tell me in pm and in person they've experienced the same from him. I've bought calls from him before and it was always pulling teeth. 
There's lots of callmakers out there make good calls. One time I actually gave up after 8 months of excuses but I was ok w that. He didn't ask money. This time he did. Deliver than. That's not much to ask
I've got some of his calls too so I was ok with his peculiarities. Just don't ask pmt.
I bet lots of guys that viewed this had similar issues. I know they did.
Once pay pal refunded suddenly after not responding to me or them he's instantly available saying if I still want my call it's ready. After they got money back? I'd send more???????  Why didn't he just respond saying "another week or so?" ( I'd have actually been frustrated but ok w that.) " I'm sorry I got tied up" or something?? Mama didn't raise such foolish ones.
I really don't need more calls. Just saving someone aggravation. You know how many guys just send expensive calls and say "if you like it send a check" you get a call in days from their word. Different kinda businessman. Ones I'll stay with

Missouri hunter

I had him drop the ball on me once but there was no exchange of money. Then I noticed he'd put up calls on Facebook from time to time that were readily available. So I snatched a black walnut double sided call. It was at my door in a week. Called and killed a bird opening day Missouri season with it.
This was 2020
I also have a cedar glass of his but I got that along with a walnut for my brother. This was 2014 and a friend I've mine made the order and I just paid him, as he was already getting a couple calls. They both have been the death of a few great long beards as well.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

tracker#1

I guess I got lucky, he posted a couple of calls on here and I picked up a Peruvian/glass with two strikers 2 weeks ago for a reasonable price and had no issues with him...it's a player also

owlhoot

Maybe he is backing off. Making a few here and there. Semi-retiring.
Had a call maker on here do that after a few years of waiting for a couple. No money exchanged.
I was really disappointed. But guys have stuff come up in life.