turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459

Started by B Rogers, September 28, 2020, 01:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

I awoke from a deep sleep, and thought to myself, "I think I put down .565-2 instead os 562-5."  Thanks for the correction!  I've got a back-bored Winchester SXP LongBeard and shoot a Carlson's .580 w/ the Lil Hammer, and per Ronny's observation and my own patterning, the Primo's .570 throws a great pattern w/ a phenomenal 10", but it's too tight for me for hunting.  The more you shoot and pattern various loads and develop confidence in your gun, shells, shooting abilities and range estimation the tighter the choke which you can utilize which is true for, not only turkey hunting, but wingshooting as well.  There is no substitution for shooting and practicing w/ your hunting gun of choice.

B Rogers

Thanks. Been there done that on waking up realizing I messed up.  ;D No worries.

Red vyper

I shoot a 562 Sumtoy with browning TSS 7&9 blends and have had incredible results

Missed mallards

Where r y'all finding the guns? Online or local gun shops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B Rogers

Found this one back in the summer and jumped on it.

FL-Boss

Sa-459 is not being made anymore.. but there still may be some online for sale. Instead, look for the Tristar viper with pistol grip... basically the exact same gun ( I have both) but I prefer the tristar in the factory bottomland..